Boss SD-1 - At least i like its dynamics
Laura: Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Sam: Samick Stratocaster Copy (first guitar)
----
Marshall MG250DFX
----
Boss SD-1
Onerr Super Distortion
Well, most boutique ODs are like that.

Right now i can think of the Purple Plexi and the Church of Tone, both from lovepedal
(both are gainy though, you will have to pick lightly to get a clean sound out of the PP, even with the gain all the way down you get a marshally-level tone)
This PR crap about 'dynamic' pedals is a load of rubbish, if a stompbox lists that as a major selling point I'd stay well clear.

Dynamics are the responsibility of your amp (and technique!) more than anything else
^Certain pedals respond better to a players dynamics than others (much like certain amps), that's typically what they mean when saying that.

TS, what kind of sound are you going for?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
^Certain pedals respond better to a players dynamics than others (much like certain amps), that's typically what they mean when saying that.
TS, what kind of sound are you going for?

Of course - after all, the difference between a Colorsound fuzz and a TS808 is enormous/ But any pedal thats major selling point is the dynamics, is probably 'cheating' with circuitry, a little like the software SS amps use to (badly) imitate tube response.

What amp are you using at the moment, out of interest? I've found that certain power tubes seem to improve picking response etc, and and a valve rectifier will be exponentially more beneficial to dynamics than any stompbox.
Quote by kyle62
Of course - after all, the difference between a Colorsound fuzz and a TS808 is enormous/ But any pedal thats major selling point is the dynamics, is probably 'cheating' with circuitry, a little like the software SS amps use to (badly) imitate tube response.

What amp are you using at the moment, out of interest? I've found that certain power tubes seem to improve picking response etc, and and a valve rectifier will be exponentially more beneficial to dynamics than any stompbox.

Oh, if that's what you mean, I agree. Most pedals that I've played that claim to be as dynamic as a real amp sound like shit (although they do clean up well! ). IMO, it's impossible to duplicate what a good amp will do in a pedal, although some builders can get a decent approximation.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

I like the Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD and the Rockbox Boiling Point, both are very dynamic.
Quote by Rhoads_1096
I like the Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD and the Rockbox Boiling Point, both are very dynamic.

+1 if you're going for that sound TS. Also, the Landgraff Dynamic OD. I thought it was going to be extremely overrated but I stopped by Blues Angel Music last time I was in Pensacola and loved it. Only down side is it's $400.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

well i currently use a epiphone valve junior cab with a mim strat fitted with gfs alnico pickups. i play mostly hendrix stuff. If any of you have ever had a epiphone valve junior, it has very good dynamics and with an overdrive pedal i dont want to lose too much. I'm more of rhythm guitarist so to me its important to have a good overdrive that has good responsiveness to my picking.
Quote by Scarface735
well i currently use a epiphone valve junior cab with a mim strat fitted with gfs alnico pickups. i play mostly hendrix stuff. If any of you have ever had a epiphone valve junior, it has very good dynamics and with an overdrive pedal i dont want to lose too much. I'm more of rhythm guitarist so to me its important to have a good overdrive that has good responsiveness to my picking.

Then the COT would be my recommendation.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT