Page 1 of 2
what would this mean for the United States, and the world.

the IMF,The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is an organization of 185 countries dedicated to promoting global monetary cooperation and the health and stability of the international financial system. Each member of the IMF contributes through the payment of quotas, ($352 billion in 2008) which reflect that country's size in the world economy and determine its voting power (the US has a 17% voting stake). The IMF supports worldwide economic growth by granting loans and technical assistance to countries in need. The IMF and sister institution the World Bank were formed by 45 countries in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, in 1944 in an attempt to avoid the kinds of problems brought about by the Great Depression of the 1930s.

this organazation baisicly runs how the world economy runs.

many nations around the world have been pusshing trough the IMF suggestions to get out of the dollar.

when asked timothy geitner, the US tresurary secretary in a press conference, ?"about chinese government proposal about a global currency and about the IMF regulations", response "as i understand this proposal its, a proposal to increase the use of the IMF's special drawing rights, were acutally quite open with the idea".

so this is bound to happen at one point, the US TreSec just blaintanly said the idea is on the table.

is this the NWO or some bullshit, who knows, but what can we hope to expect, when the world goes from one Oligarchular Empire(the US) to a new one the UN.

right now what makes the greenback strong is its the defacto currency of the world, but as soon as its pushed back and replaced the dollar will surely become inflated making americans problems that much worse.
Last edited by whoknowsme@ at Oct 30, 2009,
I think an official world currency could be good, but why does it have to be the dollar? Why not make up something unique?
It's the reptillains.
And I, for one, welcome our new reptillian overlords,a nd would like to remind them that i could be useful in rounding up humans to work in their slave industries.
is this a problem?
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
1 - What's the question here?
2 - Is it multiple choice?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
so.. is this supposed to be a thread or not?
you still have zoiiidbeeeerg
(V) (;,,;) (V)
YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG
Quote by TheBurningFish
It's more shocking to see Tom dressed at all.
Quote by suckersdream
I don't think I've ever actually seen him clothed.
Sexy Peoples Only
◕ ‿ ◕
TweetZ
Quote by skaterskagg1
I think an official world currency could be good, but why does it have to be the dollar? Why not make up something unique?
This. I'm sure the rest of the world doesn't want our presidents on their money.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
dude, dollars are fekkin' amazing...

they're so low in value that it is actually cheaper to buy stuff in Americaland in dollars and have it shipped across the ocean, than buying it in euro's in holland!
Quote by poopsmith666
thats pretty epic actually.

-Cheap classical guitar
-Cheap western
-Ibanez GRX70 jumpstart package
-Shine bass + Eden Nemesis en8jr 25W
Har har. If the UK, among other countries, hasn't even bothered to instate the euro, you think they're gonna start using the dollar?

We need to return to our roots and use shells and shiny rocks as currency.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Last edited by entity0009 at Oct 30, 2009,
I think a world currency is a good idea, but it won't be the american dollar if it does happen. They'll just make a new one.
Quote by yottaMax
dude, dollars are fekkin' amazing...

they're so low in value that it is actually cheaper to buy stuff in Americaland in dollars and have it shipped across the ocean, than buying it in euro's in holland!

Which won't happen if dollars are made world currency.

America can kiss my ass.
Quote by genghisgandhi
sand dollars=new world currency

THIS!

slayingedit:

Quote by ctb
lol

your avatar creeps me out.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Oct 30, 2009,
Quote by entity0009
Har har. If the UK, among other countries, hasn't even bothered to instate the euro, you think they're gonna start using the dollar?

this. and it's not that we didn't bother, we just didn't want it
Quote by Heilz
When backstage and talkin to the ladies i always go with the ¨Mines is bigger than theirs¨ argument as me bro holds hes guitar and i take out my bass... It works wonders @,@

Gear list:
Squire Affinity P-Bass
Ashdown Mag300 Evo II
Boss ODB-3
If the leaders of this world (big companies and countries) see that it's in their favor, they'll try to make it happen. If not, it just won't.
What about the European Union? Would they abandon the Euro? To be honest I don't know, but it's surely an important question.
Wash dem brains one drop at a time...

In my world, the color RED doesn't exist.

The system has encountered a fatal error [1809]: 'YourOpinion' var has no set value.
The IMF is owned by 186 countries now.

That is all I have to offer to this discussion.
Quote by Raizer Sabre
this. and it's not that we didn't bother, we just didn't want it

i think your not getting the point.

right now AS I TYPE, the us dollar is the defacto currency of the world, its a fact.

what they want to do is back out of the dollar and use a world a currency.

if this happens things like the EURO will survive, or whats happening in Asia something similar to EU. but other currencies like america or countries in south america will completely have to change the way there economies run.

you would have super states, with no political bondouries.
Last edited by whoknowsme@ at Oct 30, 2009,
Quote by entity0009

I personally believe we should return to a bartering economy. Then I'll finally be able to swap my sister for a new Amp!
Quote by KeepOnRotting
Are you CustomCustom?

No, no.

CustomCustom first insulted you then treated you like if you were best friends.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

i doubt that the countrys that currency are stronger than the imf would actully join
look at the euro the Uk didnt join in because the pound is stronger so whats the point we are getting ****ed out of money plus you have to pay to join

my verdict it wont work and its pointless we get on fine as it is
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
Quote by PeZ546
I personally believe we should return to a bartering economy. Then I'll finally be able to swap my sister for a new Amp!

Is she hot?
Or is she just worth an MG15?
Quote by PeZ546

If she's hot I call dibs.
Quote by PeZ546

There's some hippie colony somewhere in the States that has actually implemented a bartering economy, sort of. It's like "Hey, I'll give you 3 kilos of strawberries for a haircut!"

Edit: Bad example, hippies don't need haircuts.
🙈 🙉 🙊
It's obviously a mark of the end times as predicted in the Bible.
I think that's a bad idea. I also think that if you take the time to type / paste that much into the OP you should take the time to proofread it, but that's another topic.

What do you mean by "defacto" currency? So what? It seems a couple people in this thread don't give two flying defactos about the dollar.
Quote by terryguitar
GROW UP WE DONT NEED 2 CHEAT WHEN OUR KIDS ARE BEAUTIFUL

Quote by blynd_snyper
Ummm, petrol? Nip down to your local petrol station, buy a litre of the stuff and soak your balls in it, light them up and start playing with them.
tbh why should we change to a world dollar that is really just a US dollar i dont wana anything to do with america its just bad news
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
Page 1 of 2