I had my eye on the newest charvel production models, the san dimas one with the duncan JB and '59. Have any of you had experience with these? I don't have any dealers nearby and I'm trying to get as many opinions as possible before I purchase one.

I play mostly Dream Theater, Bon Jovi, Whitesnake, Motley Crue, and Opeth. Would this be a suitable guitar?
It would be a suitable guitar. I was considering getting one myself, but I didn't like the neck joint and the lack of 24 frets. The neck wasn't as amazing as my RG. I decided to get another RG instead. It's still a good guitar, didn't suit me enough to warrant the price.
Quote by JELIFISH19
It's still a good guitar, didn't suit me enough to warrant the price.

+1, i wasn't all that fussed on the neck profile either.

It'd work basically, and if you love it, get it, but there aren't exactly a lack of good superstrat guitars around, so try as many as you can before you buy.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to look at others.!

Quote by JELIFISH19
It would be a suitable guitar. I was considering getting one myself, but I didn't like the neck joint and the lack of 24 frets. The neck wasn't as amazing as my RG. I decided to get another RG instead. It's still a good guitar, didn't suit me enough to warrant the price.

How is the RG1550M? I wanted my next guitar to have an original floyd rose, but what is your opinion on the edge pro?
I personally haven't played one, I'll buy it on Black Friday if I can sell my strat on time. I was looking for an 80s hair metal guitar, hence why I was considering Charvel with the crazy colors. I have an RG2550Z and it's amazing in every way. I was against getting another RG but I realized that I wouldn't like anything as much so I just decided to go for it. Plus, I couldn't get everything I wanted out of just one. So an RG with a crazy finish, maple board, and different pickups and bridge was the best option for me.

But every Ibanez Prestige I've played has pretty much been the same quality. I hear the Edge Pros are just as good as OFRs. Some people say they're better but at that point, it's all personal preference. Steve Vai and Joe Satriani use them so they can't be that bad. The one thing I'm afraid of is the lack of tension adjustment on the trem itself. I like the arm to be loose on some songs and tight on others depending on how I'll be using the trem.

The number one thing you should be worried about is the basswood though. Some people love it, others hate it. It's personally one of my favorite woods.