Hey, Ive been playing guitar for about a year now, and i need a new electric guitar, ive currntly got an Epiphone Les Paul Special :l And its only a stater guitar, Im looking for a new guitar... i dont know what to get, my budget is £100 to £200 i like to listen to heavy metal like Bullet For My Valentine, etc.. Please help :P
You sure need a new guitar? The epiphone les paul special isn't a terrible guitar, and you won't get much of an improvement with less than £200. You might benefit more from a new amp or a pedal of some sort, what amp are you using at the moment?
I have a Bogey DL-20R Amp... I want a new guitar... coz my epiphone is knakerd... and there is nothing wrong with my amp...
Try a Vintage V100, they are good guitars, cheap, and made very well.
They don't have the best pick-ups though.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
I dunno... My mate has got it.. and i dont really like it
Last edited by The_lukester at Oct 30, 2009,
Maybe look into some more "Metal" guitars. But you're really not going to get better quality from something so cheap. Maybe you should save up more.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Save more money to get a better guitar. You're just going to get the same thing, just a diffrent brand.
Quote by nasstyman
i busted a g-string while fingering a minor...
Quote by 18zzz18
REPLY DUDE! YOU COULD BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE EARTH AND ALL OF MANKIND! (:
0h @nd U M@Y H@V3 2 T@LK L1K3 TH1S..... 1TZ TH3 L@NGU@G3 0F TH3 FUTUR3
Quote by RMC06
My old band teacher once called me a penis wrinkle.
Don't throw good money after bad. For what you can afford to spend you won't get anything significantly better than what you've already got.

Save your pennies, practice, grow as a guitarist. Then buy something new.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Save up another £60 or so and you can get yourself a pretty decent Ibanez.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by The_lukester
I dont want to keep my Epiphone, i want a new gutar

What's wrong with your Epiphone? That sounds pretty childish to be honest.
He's got an epiphone les paul special. They are horrible, not worth upgrading pickups.

Wrong forum btw.

EDIT: Save a bit more and replace your amp with a used Bugera 6260 or something before you get a new guitar.
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Last edited by ILiKePiNeAppLeS at Oct 31, 2009,
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
He's got an epiphone les paul special. They are horrible, not worth upgrading pickups.

Wrong forum btw.

EDIT: Save a bit more and replace your amp with a used Bugera 6260 or something before you get a new guitar.

The lead guitarist in my band used to use a Les Paul Special. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it. If you don't cheap out on a set-up it's a great little guitar. Either way, the ART is no better, especially pickup-wise.
My Les Paul, Is knackerd, i bourtgh it second hand, and it would cost more to get it fixed, than to buy it... and plus, my guitar is really old, and i have got abit bored of it...
How is it knackered so bad it would cost more to fix than a new guitar? Have you snapped the neck off and all the electronics are dead or something?
get a ibanez rg321.
but i really think u should save ur money and get a better guitar later so u'll be happier longer. wait until u have atleast 300 pounds and u can start looking at some intermidiate guitars. or u could buy a 2nd hand guitar now.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by WtrPlyr
So you want to replace your starter guitar with a starter guitar?

Nice.

+1

TS from the sounds of it, you're about to go about and spend £200 on a cheap guitar that will end up the same as your epiphone is now. Seems kinda stupid to me If you're more patient and save you'll get a decent guitar that is less likely to crap out on you. I know what I'd do anyway
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Look, i said that i wanted a new guitar.. and ive only had 1 good answer on what to get...
Quote by The_lukester
Look, i said that i wanted a new guitar.. and ive only had 1 good answer on what to get...

Because with £200 max you aren't going to get anything worth replacing your epiphone for, as has been said multiple times. I get that you want a new guitar but you aren't really making an improvement on anything so there's not much point in getting one

Think of it like this, if you had a car that did it's job fine but was on it's last legs, you'd look for a better car right? you wouldn't get the same car in a different colour just because you couldn't be bothered to save up for something that's an improvement.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by SimplyBen
Because with £200 max you aren't going to get anything worth replacing your epiphone for, as has been said multiple times. I get that you want a new guitar but you aren't really making an improvement on anything so there's not much point in getting one

Think of it like this, if you had a car that did it's job fine but was on it's last legs, you'd look for a better car right? you wouldn't get the same car in a different colour just because you couldn't be bothered to save up for something that's an improvement.

Listen to this man.

Really, If you save up another £100 that gives you a huge choice of pretty good guitars but theres not much for £200. I suppose if you're going to be as stubborn/stupid as you're being so far you could always look around and see if you can pick up a second hand epiphone slasher or something like that.
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/IBANEZ-RG321MH_W0QQitemZ130339394400QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=&rvr_id=&cguid=909e7a5e1240a0aad2d043c0ffaea57f

That's about the closest thing to an upgrade you're going to get in that budget.

Otherwise, stop being an asshat and listen to what people are telling you.