Id like to know what amp can get me the rock sound of teen rock ... they mostly all sound the same .. its THAT sound im looking for . like "hit me with your best" shot type rock " . Its the standard classic rock sound .

Something like that : ( at 30 second the chorus with distortion )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQRxLoORV84

Thank you .. its not big music but the i like the distortion ( or more "overdrive" sound )sound

its a very common sound . probably a marshall ... but any model in particuliar ?? plexi , jcm , jmp , jvm ??

any pedal can get me in that rock territory wuthout having to crank a 100 watt tube head. its hard to find this type of disortion on modeling amp like POD / v-amp etc...

thank for any help .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Oct 30, 2009,
What amp have you got at the moment? That Marshall cab ain't going to do much on its own!

It's a very easy sound to replicate; a Plexi or JCM800 is ideal but you could get similar results with a Vox and an overdrive pedal.

Something like the Traynor YCV40 Blue will work very well.
Quote by kyle62
What amp have you got at the moment? That Marshall cab ain't going to do much on its own!

It's a very easy sound to replicate; a Plexi or JCM800 is ideal but you could get similar results with a Vox and an overdrive pedal.

+1

It's a fairly generic sound so it shouldn't be that hard to replicate with a decent Marshall or clone.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by kyle62

+1 on the Traynor, great amp
Quote by kyle62

what i have now is some good pedals ( crunch box , dual resistafier , big muff ( im planning on getting a boutique overdrive like fulltone ocd or other )

the problem is that right im using my microtube ( clean channel ) as a head plug into my marshall cab .

thats maybe where my problem is . thats why it sound like garbage probably .. my pedla doesnt sound very great through it .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
it's definitely your amp. you're playing nice pedals through a piece of trash. see if you can try your pedals through some good tube amps at your local store and see if you find anything you like. i guarantee you'll like your sound a lot more then.
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
Marshall Class 5 & Zvex Box of Rock.