I'm looking to get new pickups to replace the powersound pickups in my Ibanez.. A neck and bridge, both humbuckers.

I play stuff from classic rock to CoB stuff, so versatility is key here. Preferably a High output bridge, for heavier distortion, and a clear neck pickup that will be best for blues and cleans. A couple freinds have said to replace them with EMGs or Dimarzio D-activators.. but i'm not really sure that'll fit my style the best. Oh, and preferably passive pickups.

I'm currently using a roland cube, but I'm hopefully getting a Vox DA20 sometime soon.

Try a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge and 59 in the neck. It's a fairly standard combination, pretty much every guitar that comes stock with seymour duncan uses this configuration, and with good reason.

The JB is really tight and has this "crunchyness" to it. It's not very good clean, but it's great with distortion. Its good for everything from Van Halen to Children of Bodom.cThe 59 is good for cleans and bluesy overdrive tones.
jazz in the neck and full shred in the bridge
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Quote by selkies
jazz in the neck and full shred in the bridge

what brand?

Quote by sashki
Try a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge and 59 in the neck. It's a fairly standard combination, pretty much every guitar that comes stock with seymour duncan uses this configuration, and with good reason.

The JB is really tight and has this "crunchyness" to it. It's not very good clean, but it's great with distortion. Its good for everything from Van Halen to Children of Bodom.cThe 59 is good for cleans and bluesy overdrive tones.

This sounds good, I've always liked the sound of Duncans.
JB + '59 = Sweet

The JB carries plenty of distortion for metal and if you wanted you could wire it so the coils could be split.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Get a new amp, not a modeling amp,it will do much more for your tone.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
P-90 in the neck and EMG 60 in the bridge....

Just kidding
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Last edited by falconthefirst at Oct 30, 2009,
Dimarzio Super Distortion in the bridge and a Dimarzio Air Norton in the neck.

Classic/heavy-rock monster combo with some nice creamy leads ala the alnicos in the Air Norton.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by JoePerry4life
Get a new amp, not a modeling amp,it will do much more for your tone.

I like the Vox modeling amps... what's wrong with them?

Quote by ch0
Dimarzio Super Distortion in the bridge and a Dimarzio Air Norton in the neck.

Classic/heavy-rock monster combo with some nice creamy leads ala the alnicos in the Air Norton.

This could maybe work too...
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Oct 30, 2009,
nothing's wrong with vox's amps really. I have never tried the da series, I have an ad50vt which I love, i haven't found an amp above a grand that I like more. The clean channels are really awesome and the distortions are OK, but get a nice overdrive and you'll be in heaven.

and i wouldn't recommend a super distortion, I have one in my Ibanez and it's kinda fizzy. If I were to go back I'd get a Tone Zone in the bridge. Nicer sound overall IMO.