sorry if i have typing mistakes but i'm really $%$#%# off... randall has f'ed me over 4 times. i want this amp.. randall rg75g3 plus... only reason it is in my sig because i thought i had it but then the item got cancelled because musiciansfriend doesn't ship that amp... only that randall... not any other one... to canada... so i've tried 4 others... all the same thing..

i need an amp..with...

no effects except reverb
awesome cleans
awesome gain for slipknot/rammstein/lamb of god/opeth along with green day and simple plan..

has to be valve or tube.. no solid state.

i will be playing in my bedroom but i want either 75 watts or more incase i make a band one day.

my price range is $500 Canadian... which is around $480-$490 american
You don't need 75 tube watts for starting a band, and why no solid state?
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
get an ampeg ss-140 combo off ebay....it's solid state but you will love it...boom
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
Have you ever played a 75w tube amp? It really is much louder than you need, unless you're playing EXTREMELY LARGE venues.

Also... 75w in the home is too much. You're going to need a hotplate if that's the route you choose.
First off its your own fault. If you go to their website and click the little thing at the top right corner that says "Canada" it shows you all the products that they ship to Canada - I just did and saw that there are only a couple Randalls that are listed, the RG75G3 is not one of them.

Second, valve and tube are the same exact thing, just depends on where you're at in the world.

Third, if you're looking for a tube amp then why were you trying to buy an RG75G3??? That's an SS amp.

Also, your conversion is a bit off - $500CAD is roughly $465USD.

And you don't need 75 watts for band purposes. I have a 60 watt tube amp and a 50 watt tube amp and both are a bit overkill in band situations.

You're not gonna get much amp for that price. Normally the tube amps that fall into that price are either low wattage, "budget amps" that don't sound very good, or won't have nearly enough gain for what you're looking for.

Possibly look into a used 6505+ 1x12 combo or an Ampeg VH140-c (yes its an SS amp but it can compete with higher-end tube amps in terms of tone).
Last edited by i_am_metalhead at Oct 30, 2009,
well the i_am_metalhead beat me to it. Your not gonna find any good 75watt or above tube amps for that price. There are some maybe if your lucky. One is a 5150 used which go for about 500 usd used and the other option is a Bugera.
Whaaaat!!!!!!
Quote by i_am_metalhead
First off its your own fault. If you go to their website and click the little thing at the top right corner that says "Canada" it shows you all the products that they ship to Canada - I just did and saw that there are only a couple Randalls that are listed, the RG75G3 is not one of them.

Second, valve and tube are the same exact thing, just depends on where you're at in the world.

Third, if you're looking for a tube amp then why were you trying to buy an RG75G3??? That's an SS amp.

Also, your conversion is a bit off - $500CAD is roughly $465USD.

And you don't need 75 watts for band purposes. I have a 60 watt tube amp and a 50 watt tube amp and both are a bit overkill in band situations.

You're not gonna get much amp for that price. Normally the tube amps that fall into that price are either low wattage, "budget amps" that don't sound very good, or won't have nearly enough gain for what you're looking for.

Possibly look into a used 6505+ 1x12 combo or an Ampeg VH140-c (yes its an SS amp but it can compete with higher-end tube amps in terms of tone).

^ everything he just said
Hybrid doesn't make much of a difference, so you can pretty much ignore them.
Anyway, if you really insist on having 75+watts, then look bugera, or you'll have to go to the used market.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by MetalGuitarest
just recommend me an amp of anything. i know randall isn't tube... it's hybrid.. i forgot to mention that

Peavey
1. 5150
2. XXX
3. XXL (solid state)
4. Valveking
Bugera
5. 6202
Marshall
6. 8100 (some people like them)
7. JCM 900
Madison
8. Divinity I or II
Whaaaat!!!!!!
Last edited by cob666 at Oct 30, 2009,
Quote by chuckmehh
get an ampeg ss-140 combo off ebay....it's solid state but you will love it...boom

This

Either this of the VH140c (which is pretty much the exact same), is considered a staple of teh br00talz. You can get them for like 300 bucks too.

Also, i'm guessing you haven't tried many tube amps because they are ridiculously loud. Even on my 5w tube amp i have to keep the volume under 2 for home practice. You most likely do not NEED 75w, as 50w or even 30w would work fine. While it's true that more headroom is preferred for high gain, do not immediately rule out every amp under 75w.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...

why tube?
you're just playing in your bedroom....... a 30w SS will suffice
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by guitar12
you do realise 75 tube watts = over 45,000 ss right?

I hope you're joking...
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by cob666
Peavey
1. 5150
2. XXX
3. XXL (solid state)
4. Valveking
Bugera
5. 6202
Marshall
6. 8100 (some people like them)
7. JCM 900
Madison
8. Divinity I or II

The VK sounds pretty much like crap stock. Its one of those "budget" amps that I was referring to. There are mods and upgrades that can be done, which personally I don't think make any vast improvements, but some people like them after the upgrades.

I can't say much about the Divinity II but the Divinity I is one of the biggest pieces of crap on the market. It doesn't sound the greatest and is extremely unreliable. The people over at Madison used (and may still use) very cheap materials and very poor build methods. They actually connected things inside of their amps with duct tape. Like I said, I don't know if they've improved the quality of their amps but I'd be kind of leery about them.
Quote by guitar12
you do realise 75 tube watts = over 45,000 ss right?

I want to see your math on that one!!

But yeah, 75 watts is over kill, I dont know any amp that even runs at 75 watts other than a line 6 spider, which is SS.

I have a Valveking, its ok for metal, not the greatest, but its in your price range, shiped all over world, 50 tube watts. But your best bet is to go used and find a real metal amp like a 6505 or a Mesa.
get a bugera 333xl combo, 2x12 and will bring the brootz like you want. plus it has awesome cleanz.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
^ new 6262's are fine ..

mines killer

bit of an over kill in bedroom situation ( i play live too) ... HotPlates will sort that out though
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
The VK sounds pretty much like crap stock. Its one of those "budget" amps that I was referring to. There are mods and upgrades that can be done, which personally I don't think make any vast improvements, but some people like them after the upgrades.

Well, yeah, but that's because more people haven't done the most effective mods yet (OT swap and bias mod)

And I say Peavey Vypyr Tube 60.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Well, yeah, but that's because more people haven't done the most effective mods yet (OT swap and bias mod)

And I say Peavey Vypyr Tube 60.

I wasn't trying to step on your toes or anything, because I know that you love your VK.
I just personally don't care for them, stock or modded.
Quote by kakos
^ new 6262's are fine ..

mines killer

bit of an over kill in bedroom situation ( i play live too) ... HotPlates will sort that out though

I actually posted that in the wrong thread

Oh well, I still stand behind it. I've been trying to give Bugera a fair shake but we still see people having issues and just recently someone here got a Bugera 1990 I think it was and it was DOA so. I'm just not going to recommend them.

It's one thing if you have above average knowledge of amps and how to repair these so they do not break down. It is something altogether different for the countless people that have bought these with no clue that they were playing on borrowed time.
In your price range, either a used combo or a Bugera V22. That's all I can think of.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
For cheap tube brootalz, try to find an old Peavey Triumph. They became the Ultra series, and have heaps of gain, and are really cheap too.
6505 1x12 combo, Ampeg 140cc, used Peavey XXX etc

seriously, i cop shit because i use a combo amp because SOME people think that they aren't as loud as stacks, my JSX combo is actually louder than my friends 350 watt bass amp and his friends randall RH150, which is the head version of the g3 75 watter.

also, i am yet to need to have my JSX on full power, i leave it on half power (60 watts) 95% of the time and an easily heard over other instruments in a band situation.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...