So, I have my Cort VX-2V, and i would like to pinstripe it like you see below

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/6035/vx2vbk.jpg

I MIGHT CHANGE THE COLOR OF IT, I JUST MADE IT WHITE SO YOU COULD UNDERSTAND BETTER WHAT IM TRYING TO DO

Please, dont flame, im a huge fan of Alexi Laiho, as you can see...

I tryed looking everywhere, but i cant find a decent detailed tutorial
Help please :S
Last edited by Baraga at Oct 30, 2009,
Seems like you should spray the guitar the colour of the pinstripes, after that you tape the pinstripe placement and then respray the guitar with the ACTUAL desired colour of the guitar. After it is dry you peal of tape and you will see that the 1st coat of paint now shows the "pinstripe" lines.

EDIT; I can see the V perfectly with the white "Pinstripes" that follow the usual bevel lines of a V?
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Last edited by ILuvPillows? at Oct 30, 2009,
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Seems like you should spray the guitar the colour of the pinstripes, after that you tape the pinstripe placement and then respray the guitar with the ACTUAL desired colour of the guitar. After it is dry you peal of tape and you will see that the 1st coat of paint now shows the "pinstripe" lines.

EDIT; I can see the V perfectly with the white "Pinstripes" that follow the usual bevel lines of a V?

That's how I'd do it. look in the painting & finishing thread for more/other relevant info though.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
It seems i cant find the paiting thread, could you link it to me please? (if you have the link ofc)

EDIT: nvm, found it
Last edited by Baraga at Oct 30, 2009,
The turorial from ehow seems rather.. inneficient maybe? I dunno. Anyways you could always do it the easy way and buy some auto pinstriping tape from your local auto parts shop, or whatever place near you might have it.
You'll want to use a urethane striping paint, and a striping brush.

House of Kolor makes the paint, you'd want U02 white, as well as U00 Reducer and KC20 panel wipe. Although I've never personally used striping paint from HOK, I have used other paints from them, and they were excellent quality.

Are you planning to re-clear the guitar? If you are, you can lightly sand the entire guitar with P600 sandpaper, do the pinstriping, then clear with a 2K clearcoat (such as UC35).
You don't need to go that route, though. You could buy KU200 striping catalyst, which essentially makes the paint dry really hard, removing the need for clear. This is the cheaper option, and it's probably easier as well.

Make sure you read the tech sheets from House of Kolor's website, but here's the gist of it:
First of all, take all the hardware off the guitar, including the pickups and neck, if possible.
After that, wipe down everywhere that you're going to paint with KC20. Then, put on latex gloves, and don't touch the guitar with skin until you're done - the KC20 gets rid of grease, oils, etc, that are on you're skin, and you don't want to get any on it after you're done.
Get a shot glass, and something to use as a palette - you could use something like a dinner plate, personally, I like to use a square of plexiglass.
Pour some reducer (U00) into the shot glass. You probably won't want to use it for drinks anymore, reducer is really nasty. It eats through plastic fairly quickly.
Mix up the paint, using a graduated mixing cup of some sort, you want to mix 8 parts color to 1 part KU200. From there, take a brushfull and put it on the palette. Then, another brushfull. Clean off the brush with some reducer, then dip it into the shotglass with the reducer in it, and add that to your palette, and mix it around a bit.
Time to do the actual striping! Check out this, look at the Fresno and Japanese styles. Pick whichever looks like you'd be better at, or even try out both (NOT on the guitar) and see which you like better. If you make any mistakes on the guitar, wipe them off with reducer.
After the striping is done, let it dry for about 24 hours. After that, it should be hard as rock, although you can leave it for longer if you want.
Then, put the guitar back together and enjoy.
i did my evh frankenstrat copy how iluvpillows? said after i did the base coat white i marked where the white stripes would be then i painted it red and then i did the same thing with the black stripes then i clear coated it and let it cure for a couple weeks and then i wetsanded it with 1000 1500 and 2000 grit sandpaper and polished the hell out of it with rubbing compound and now it looks like a factory quality finish
In that case, do the second thing I said, mixing in the catalyst.
The guy in the video looks to be Japanese style from the book I linked to, btw.