Hey guys, I have this 20-25 year old Yamaha FG-450S Acoustic. Its my parents but they havent used it in years so im using it and I plan to take it to school and back.

Problem is, the wood is slightly damaged and im afraid of transporting it around, dont want it to fall apart on me haha.

The guitar sound is great and as said, most good guitars with age sound better. And I think it sounds really good compared to others that ive played.

Now im wondering how much this kind of damage might cost me to repair, I have some pics and here they are.

I just want to know if its worth it. Ive played other guitars but I just love this one, actions great, sounds great, great natual sustain and all.\

But i dont want to spend hundreds of dollars though.
Gear: Ibanez Gax 70 / Line 6 Floor Pod Plus
Can you get an estimate from somewhere? Then base your decision on how much it actually costs. I say fix it if it's a reasonable price. Looks like a nice guitar and you said you like it too.
Well I haven thad time do go get an estmimate lately, been really busy.

How do you think the Yamaha FG 450s ranks up to other guitars?
I was thinking of just taking it to school like this but I would need to buy a strong case for it. You think it would stand up to the constant moving around? I really dont mind the damage, but just worried it may get really bad if I move it around alot.
Quote by Serge933
Well I haven thad time do go get an estmimate lately, been really busy.

How do you think the Yamaha FG 450s ranks up to other guitars?

The way you described it definitely makes me say that it is worth it. You talked about it so positively, I don't see why you wouldn't get it repaired other than cost. I suggest getting estimates from any repair shops you live by and if any of them aren't too expensive, get it fixed. I have a Yamaha acoustic guitar as well, and I love the way it sounds, too. I guess it all comes down to cost. I say, if it's over $200 to get it fixed, then don't. But if it's under $200, get it fixed. That's my range, at least. You may have a higher budget than me.
Your third pick shows it to be a laminate.

Doesn't mean you shouldn't fix it; just that it probably isn't worth spending a lot of money on, other than as a sentimental thing.

The damage in pic one and two are pretty extreme, I'm not sure how a luthier would go about repairing that. The rest of the pics show slight damage, not necessarily difficult.

Shoot a PM to David Collins.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break