DON'T WORRY! I DID NOT BLOW MY VOICE!

But really, I imagine it would be like a very horrible sore throat, and you would be either Incredibly Hoarse, or couldn't talk at all. And afterwards, your vocal tones change, and you don't sound the same anymore. Correct?
When you talk, it sounds raspy, potential sore throat.

I'm ashamed to say I've done it a couple times, but thank god my vocal tones didn't change before I fixed my technique.

Your tone doesn't change until you've done it consistently, I think, but I'm not sure.
It depends if you end up needing throat surgery or not. (Hetfield anyone?) But yes it is painful. That's why you sing right. Good technique prevents sore throat/surgery/throwing out your vocal chords.
Blowing your voice suggests that you've really screwed things up. Typically, this involves straining your voice repeatedly over a period of time.

How can you tell if you are straining?

http://thebelcantotechnique.now-here-this.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=30

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
You wanna hear someone who's blown their voice? Check out the lead singer from Audio Adrenaline now. He can hardly talk and really can't sing anymore either. Kinda sad honestly.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
"Blowing your voice" is sort of a colloquial term. What I consider "blowing my voice" is if I cannot hit notes that were previously comfortable for me to hit, and it's due to overloading my cords. In the most extreme sense, as in, more than a day of a lost voice, you've likely done damage. I've never experienced this, but it would be very difficult to sing, stressful to speak, and you may have ruptures or nodes.