Hey everybody,

I have a Peavey XXX 120W all tube half stack that I have a Line 6 Pod X3 Live hooked into via the effects loop. I'm sending the signal from my Line 6 directly to a PreSonus FirePod so that my band and I can simultaneously jam and record and such. My Line 6 Pod X3 live has an input selector--it differs the signal sent out based on the input you're playing into, like a combo, a stack front, etc.--that's currently set to the studio/direct mix since it's being sent to the firepod, but since I can't select the inputs based on the jack, the studio/direct feed is also going back into the amp's effect loop.

Given the above information, I am looking for help regarding a lot of feedback in my setup. I play guitars with EMG 81/85 in them and am usually sending the clean channel from my amp to my Line6. But no matter what I do with my EQ settings, I can't get enough drive from the stompbox models to sound like they should without getting RIDICULOUS feedback, which is only amplified when delay or wah effects are added. None of my volumes are maxed (clean channel on amp, tone/master volume settings on Line 6, and guitar p/u volumes are all in the middle if not lower end).

If anyone has any suggestions, PLEASE offer up your opinion, because this is driving me pretty crazy. I can get the feedback to manageable limits as long as I don't have to do long rests, but it's usually done by having the EQ completely cut up my tone, so I know there's gotta be another solution...
Washburn WI66 Pro E Celtic Cross (1 of 48!)
Washburn WI66 Pro Honeyburst
Takamine EG334SC Acoustic-Electric
Peavey XXX 120W All Tube Half Stack
Line6 MM4/FM4/DL4
Boss NS2
Vox Snakecharmer Compressor
Digitech XP100 Whammy Wah
Quote by sikosikik5
try a noise gate or compressor effect... hopefully that should do it.

A compressor is probably the single worst thing you can do to reduce noise/feedback.
Quote by kyle62
A compressor is probably the single worst thing you can do to reduce noise/feedback.

Then why is the DBX 266XL a compressor and a gate?
Compressors add noise usually, so two in one would be great, one to compress and give more sustain and the gate to knock down the noise the compressor gives.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Hey again guys... figured I'd answer this post since none of this has helped. I don't usually use the comp/boost unless I need to boost the volume, and it usually doesn't affect my feedback much. I have been using the Line6 X3 Live noise gate on pretty much all my saved settings, but since it's literally the first thing in the circuit, it isn't helping much either; the feedback isn't coming from the signal being sent by the amp; it's coming from either the amp model's drive/gain and the distortion stompbox model's drive/gain. I tried to isolate the problem by having a setting where there is no amp/cab model (i.e. it's just my amp + effects on the line 6) but I'm still having the problem. The minute I turn on the fuzz model for that setting--even when I'm feeding a clean, gated, EQ'd signal--Feedback either eliminates my tone or I have to have the EQ settings cut out my tone to reduce feedback.

HALP
Washburn WI66 Pro E Celtic Cross (1 of 48!)
Washburn WI66 Pro Honeyburst
Takamine EG334SC Acoustic-Electric
Peavey XXX 120W All Tube Half Stack
Line6 MM4/FM4/DL4
Boss NS2
Vox Snakecharmer Compressor
Digitech XP100 Whammy Wah