Played on my Washburn WG587 tuned to D#-C#-F#-B-E-G#-C# through digitech metal master distortion pedal into crate VFX50 and recorded using the onboard mic on a boss micro-BR. Drums were played by me on a cheap roland V-drum set which is why they arent perfect haha. recorded as one track through guitar input on micro br.

i love the alter bridge songs in the similar tuning of Bb-Ab-Db-Gb-Bb-Eb and i wanted to try that on a seven string. i think this tuning isnt as practical down as low as i was. i think you really do need a string between the LOW D# and C#.

here it is!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

I like it. Have to say though, the guitar sounds more like a bass with alot of distortion rather than a guitar. I imagine it was quite hard to play with the strings that loose. Some double kick on the drums would be cool.
Screw Ignorance... Indifference is bliss.
thanks!

yeah, im gonna buy an electronic kickpad that can fit my iron cobra. not having the option of double bass bugs the shit out of me!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele

needs moar tightness!
what scale is your guitar? is there bass in that mix?
the riffs were pretty creative, but it could be played a little tighter. also, you need to record more tracks, double the guitar and shit to make it sound kvlt and evil
but seriously, it's pretty good. 4 stars from me.
im pretty new to recording so i hadn't thought about double tracking. the BR only has 4 real tracks but 8 virtual tracks per, so it wouldnt be hard to do.

nope, no bass in the mix. i figured any 8 stringers might ask about the scale length. its only 25.5" and my guages are 12-16-24-32-44-58-70. i could definitely use a bigger 7th string! i was using a small jazz III pick and not picking as hard as i normally do. i was just gonna plugin to the BR and record but you couldnt hear the low D#. the tube amp offered more clarity . thanks for the rate man! im thinking of writing another song in this tuning and ill spend more time recording and double track it.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele

Damn, thats low, but it sounded real good, it was pertty clean for being so low, but Corey's right, it needs to be tightened up a bit, try some mids and highs, because you have plenty of lows. Your drums arent all that bad, few mistakes here and there, but I find it works better than to have completly flawless perfect timed drums.

Oh, and if your wondering what guitar I used in my recordings I use my Custom Metal Squier down tuned to A# which is a 6 stringer. EMG's are wonderful for down tuning, arent they.

And thanks for the crit.
^ definately agree on his advice of adding more mids and highs
when recording low-tuned guitars, dial out the bass frequencies. that's what bass guitars are for, and they do it much better than normal guitars.

And when you double track, try it the way I do it:

have 4 tracks, two panned 100% left and right, and two panned around 65% left and right. record with your gain dial about half way, because too much gain just muddies it up (i know that it doesn't sound as good with a single track of low gain, but believe me; if you multitrack with too much gain it'll sound like crap)
might take me a little longer to do that panning since i only have 4 real tracks, but i can do all the guitars as a separate file and import it as one track to put the drums over. with my nevermore mp3, i messed around a little bit with panning. it really adds life to the songs instead of just keeping everything center. and i dont actually have a gain knob on this dist pedal but i had my volume knob rolled back about half. for the quad tracking, it will be much lower.

yes ethan, EMGS are great for lower tunings. they sound good std and 1/2 step down, but it just gets better the lower you get! im glad my EMGs are in my AX that has a 25.5" scale, its gonna make tuning lower a bit more friendly.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele

Very nice!

I love low tunings, and this one is ****ing low, so you've got some win right there.
The riff was good, and like everyone's said, multi track please.

I never get this much clarity when i go to Drop A and such.
thanks unet. what size strings are you using and whats your guitars scale length? mine is 25.5" and i really should be using a bigger gauge. but ive never went this low and so i had to hear how the .070 would sound. plus, thats the biggest gtr string my store stocks! im not into using strings meant for bass. i might have to start ordering more stuff over the internet.

this recording was mainly meant to be a demo of what you can do in that tuning, but now i want to go back and multitrack and change up a few of the parts. the whole thing could be better, maybe i could find a way to speed up the tempo and make a blast section

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele

I'm using a bass string on my 8-string, it's not a big difference, you just have to unwind the end of the string to fit it through the tuning peg.
i was using a bass string about a month ago and it sounded very flat and dull. it might have just been a really old string to begin with, or maybe it was a bad brand, but as much as single bass strings cost, im not doing that again.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele

I'm not using an 8 string.

Normal six stringer here.
I was using 10's the last time i tried Drp A though....so that's prob the reason.

I'm going to try again with 12's or 13's.
nor am I! im using a seven!

soon ill be stringing a guitar with 11-14-18-32-42-56 for Drob B or Bb. i think 10-52s are perfect for drop c so a slightly heavier gauge will do just fine for this. yeesh, 10s for drop A? well thats how you figure things out is just to do em and see what happens.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele

Quote by SYLrules88
nor am I! im using a seven!

soon ill be stringing a guitar with 11-14-18-32-42-56 for Drob B or Bb. i think 10-52s are perfect for drop c so a slightly heavier gauge will do just fine for this. yeesh, 10s for drop A? well thats how you figure things out is just to do em and see what happens.

11's are very nice for Drop B.
That's actually my favourite tuning.

I knew fully well 10's wouldn't be too good for drop A. I was just too lazy ot go to the store and get new strings!
Plus im waiting for my locking tuners now, so once i get those, it's a set of 12's and drop B all the way!