I'm renting one for a gig tonight, but the guy were renting it from is selling it. I had rented a Silverface Twin from him earlier this month and was impressed. I'm just curious if they are good amps, I've heard that they can have some issues that are expensive to repair.

Thanks in advance!
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
A Red Knob Twin? Vintage 1980s model, Paul Rivera designed?

Awesome, awesome amps. Try it, but barring any damage, I'd be very surprised if it weren't to your liking.
Quote by Flying Couch
A Red Knob Twin? Vintage 1980s model, Paul Rivera designed?

Awesome, awesome amps. Try it, but barring any damage, I'd be very surprised if it weren't to your liking.

Since when is 80's vintage?

They're good amps. Typical fender clean, lots of versatility, push pull pots for tonal variation, ability to bridge channels, 2 foot switchable channels.

EXTREMELY LOUD. Very, very bright, tons of low end as well. Very heavy. Needs to be turned up a bit for the distortion to sound decent, and and the distortion c an sound very, very scooped if you don't be careful.

Worth about 400-700 bucks depending on condition and location.
I'll be interested to see what you think. People usually really like or really dislike those amps. The overdrive should be better than the silverface, but I didn't like the cleans nearly as much. It's certainly worth a try, they're great amps to the right player.
Quote by imgooley

They're good amps. Typical fender clean, lots of versatility, push pull pots for tonal variation, ability to bridge channels, 2 foot switchable channels.

EXTREMELY LOUD. Very, very bright, tons of low end as well. Very heavy. Needs to be turned up a bit for the distortion to sound decent, and and the distortion c an sound very, very scooped if you don't be careful.

He's asking $795 with one of those heavy duty plywood road cases. Well, I'm off to the gig.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
Quote by imgooley

I think the '80s count as vintage by now. It's been almost thirty years since 1980, twenty since 1989. Also, a pretty good description - I didn't noticed any scooping though. "Loud as hell" was mostly what I noticed.
I never played the twin, but I have another "red knob" amp, and I'm loving it, the biggest issue I have the reverb being very noisy for some reason but other than that, it sounds great. But yeah, they are a bitch to work on, and very hard to bias.