So I'm looking to buy a pedal. And I play rock/hard rock and metal. Ex.: metallica, GNR, AC/DC, killswitch engage, lamb of god.
So instead of buying two cheap pedals, one for metal distortion and another one for rock distortion, I want to buy a nicer one that would be good for both kinds of distortions. What I mean by that is a pedal that I can get both sounds from like a BOSS DS-2 and a BOSS MT-2 in that one pedal.
So what do you suggest, or is there no such thing?

My budget is up to $100
Quote by McLeod
Jekyll and Hyde

Indeed. I use a V2 series - I keep the OD pedal on pretty much always, and roll back on guitar volume for cleans. Gives a great Zeppelin How the West Was Won tone through my Peavey. I stomp on the Dist. pedal when I want a metal sound.
Metal M2 Distortion is good for more than just Metal. It does good fuzz. And it can get as heavy as Metallica or Killswitch Engage.

Though good luck getting Soft Rock out of it. Course, NO ONE needs that anyway. But seriously.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Oct 30, 2009,
The boss DS-2 will not do metal. I've used one for years. You'll get a nice Weezer-y Nirvana-y driven distortion sound or a great mid-rich lead sound, but definitely not a metal sound. You could look at the boss two-in-one COSM distortion pedal thing. It basically has every boss distortion or overdrive built in. Not very expensive. You'd get a used one cheap enough, I reckon.

I'll try to find the name or model no or something.
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
Actually. Here's a great answer to your actual question in the mean time - the Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi. It'll do anything from grungy drive to smashing pumpkins to Jimi Hedrix leads to Korn and other numetal brootality.
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Metal M2 Distortion is good for more than just Metal. It does good fuzz. And it can get as heavy as Metallica or Killswitch Engage.

Though good luck getting Soft Rock out of it. Course, NO ONE needs that anyway. But seriously.

The MT-2 is one of the worst distortions i've ever heard, i'd advise you to ignore him.

The Jekkyl and Hyde sounds like a good idea.
Quote by TOMMYB22
^ you know you really shouldn't double post. Theres an edit button.

Yeah, but...
Gear:

...It's so much easier.
Gear:

Quote by gerardwayne
...It's so much easier.

But it's against the rules. But if you like warnings then whatever.
Can we stay on-topic here?

Also;

Less than your budget and Randy Rhoads approved.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Blackstar HT DUAL.
Two distortions in one box
has a tube in it
better than the BOSS pedals u mentioned.
Can do high gain.

What amp do you have?

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
What do you guys recommend for Deftones/AIC/ziggy stardust type of songs...mostly for Rhythm playing, not really for leads. I got it narrowed down to RAT and russian big muffs and jackyll and hyde. What do u guys suggest?
Quote by jc349
Blackstar HT DUAL.
Two distortions in one box
has a tube in it
better than the BOSS pedals u mentioned.
Can do high gain.

What amp do you have?

this, jekyl & hyde

radial TRIMODE

t-rex spindoctor?
Metal Muff from EHX will do pretty much anything, but it wont be the best u can get. Mix it with a good noise gate and ur done