is it a decent bass? i heard that it wasn't cuz of the pickups, but for a beginner is it not that bad?
there really isnt gear thats bad for a beginner IMO. cause ur just trying to get into playing bass right? ur not gonna b gigging and stuff like that so yeah its a nice bass
Its pretty bad too be honest, muddy as hell, neck dives etc.

Get a Squier or Ibanez, they make far better beginner basses.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Even then, a Squier would be far better. They neck dive a lot, the bridge is unreliable, and its not that the pickups are poor quality, its the style, the mudbucker is just messy sounding and the pickup at the bridge is thin and tinny. There is a very limited range of sounds you can get from it.

You should get a bass you won't have to worry about replacing things on. Squier CV or VM basses are ridiculously good quality for the price.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Just modeled after different fender time periods, different neck widths, pickups, etc. The Jazzes stand out particularly, but its really up to personal opinion.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Epiphone basses generally aren't the greatest versatility-wise or quality-wise. Check the FAQ for lots of good suggestions for beginners. I'll tell you right off the bat that the Squier VM Precisions and Jazzes are phenomenal, as is the Ibanez GSR200, check them both out
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
Epiphone basses generally aren't the greatest versatility-wise or quality-wise. Check the FAQ for lots of good suggestions for beginners. I'll tell you right off the bat that the Squier VM Precisions and Jazzes are phenomenal, as is the Ibanez GSR200, check them both out

mines is pretty well built and i have the T-bird :O i maybe got a diamond in the rough, i got the t-bird i love mines but the pickups are pretty much limited to rock and thats bout it it does cut through well in practice as im in a jam with just one guitarist and a drummer and i like it even tho i live with its flaws i just love mine

But the GSR200 is a much better in its price range its just the fact i fell in love with my epi t-bird it just had more character and it just screamed my name a wee bit and and the bassist of Ash uses a Tbird (seen em live last weekend ) and i love their music same with Olsdal in Placebo.

Besides i have an Aria with a nice set of pups which are 2 active soapbar's and its a kickass bass (was my first) and my mate sold me it for £50 as he despo needed to pay the rent lmao.

Anyway look round the used market aswell you could find a scorcher of a deal and i bet anyone in this topic would be more than happy if you were searching and provided links and would give you opinions.

I will say it here and now with Epi's you really have to love them to have one.And that takes a lot lol.Its like loving that girl you always liked but she has some major flaws like i dunno picking her nose but in this case with the bass its the neck dive.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
I have one so I can tell you. It really is a beginner bass, just like the EB-0. It has a neck dive problem which isn't unbearable if you have a thick strap. It's pretty annoying I will add. I recently got the Fender Jazz bass and I think a squier would be much more preferable to learn on. No neck dive, no restricted fret access. It's a longer scale which teaches you how to play on the standard bass size. And you can choose a P-bass or a J-bass which will pertain to your style. Probably a P-bass if you're starting. It's good, it lasted me awhile but by all means get what you please to help motivate you play.
........................,;:/|Simply~~Strings|\:;,......................
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
That Rick Roll was extremely well played.
Quote by Razgriz_101
mines is pretty well built and i have the T-bird :O i maybe got a diamond in the rough, i got the t-bird i love mines but the pickups are pretty much limited to rock and thats bout it it does cut through well in practice as im in a jam with just one guitarist and a drummer and i like it even tho i live with its flaws i just love mine

Its a "you either love it or hate it thing" with epi's. There perfectly fine if they fit your style, but they do have some drawbacks *cough cough* neckdive and pickups *cough cough*
They're not particularly "low quality," my pal's EB is built like a tank. That designation is best left to low-end Deans lol
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
TS, with instruments you can never really definately say whether a bass is good or bad. It's all personal opinion. We could tell you not to get an epi eb3, but if you try one you might love it.

It's all up to you.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.