Page 1 of 2
Alright guys,

Just curious as to which of your guitars you use the most and why? I was just curious because I noticed today that it's not my most expensive guitars that get used the most and was wondering if this was the case for every body?

Obviously, my most expensive is my PGM, but I don't use that unless I'm playing a very specific genre. I don't even play much metal/shred so it doesn't see much use...I only bought it because I fell in love with it when I played it.

Anyways, my most used guitar as of the last year is my Swing T-Through. The versatility of the guitar is the main reason I use it. It really can cover crisp rock tones to thick, deep jazz vibes. As most of my music I play is indie punk/alternative this sees a lot of action. The coil splits are particularly useful because I can just knock it to humbuckers for solo'ing or riffing and then single for cleaner and twangier tones.

Anyways, this thread is also a call for pictures, so I guess I should get involved too:

And one with the other girlfriend in it:

So, please, discuss your favourite/most used guitar, why you like it so much and most of all, post pictures!

*would've posted new pictures but my camera is on the fritz. When it's working again expect some nice family pics with my other Tele.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Fender MIM Telecaster, im not sure why but just the playability of it is amazing
I have three guitars:

DK2
JS30KE with Seymour Duncan JB and 59'
KVX10 with Seymour Duncan JB 59'

The guitar I use the most, is the JS Kelly. You'd think I would use the DK2 more?
why is there a ghost wearing your jeans?

lol well i use my les paul exclusively, i love the feel and the neck. although i like ibanez guitars i dont like mine .
sexy tele though man im a look that up.
most used gear

My amp

Bugera 6262
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Les Paul. I love everything about it, the weight, the thickness of the neck, the deep timbre, and the sustain.
Quote by stephen_rettie
why is there a ghost wearing your jeans?

sexy tele though man im a look that up.

He was filming. Ahem.

But yeah, if you can get hold of one they are freakin' amazing guitars.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Jackson RR5 cause its just plain awesome and the neck is perfect for me. But I do play alot on my DKMG but its not as great as my RR5.
Peavey 3120
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Cabinet
Jackson RR5
Jackson DKMG
LTD EC-1000
TC Electronic Polytune
BOSS RV-5
BOSS DD-7
MXR 10-band EQ
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby
BOSS NS-2
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+
My Ibanez Radius.

It's the best feeling, and one of the best sounding guitars I've ever played. Only payed $350 for it. Such a great guitar.

It looks pretty similar to the one in the pic:
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Last edited by yellowshirtguy at Oct 30, 2009,
on stage: gibson sg
at home: modded epiphone dot studio
Harlington - Indie/Progressive/Hard Rock

Live Rig:
Gibson SG
Boss RT-20 Rotary Pedal
Fender Supersonic
my MIM tele. but i'm working on both a warmoth strat and a squier 51. so hopefully i'll have one of those up soon and it'll be my main! mostly the warmoth it looks great. just need to get it put together.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
I play my wonderful Epiphone Explorer, and I'm about to put a bigsby on it.
I'm back. Cower in fear, mortals.

Claudio Sanchez is my hero.
Dillion DVT50 limited run tele. Nice chunky neck, snarly bridge pickup that twangs clean, round neck pickup that sounds very nice clean, not too heavy and a maple fretboard as I like it. Not much I dislike about it except it's lack of a tremolo, but for the added tone, sustain, resonance and stability a string-thru hardtail adds I'll take it.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
My squire. That thing sounds so ****ing monstrous through my spider you guys seriously need to hear it to believe it, the emg 81 is just a whole 'nother world on this and i love it more then the dimebucker i had previously installed in it. but yeah everyone needs to play an 81 through a spider it sounds so ****ing great.
^ I find myself hoping you're a troll mate.

As for me, definitely my Fender Strat. It just feels so awesome, and it can pretty much cover everything up to harder rock and metal, which i don't play that much anyway.

Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student
Last edited by Ratfish at Oct 30, 2009,
My most used guitar? Tough question. I tend to go through periods when I play only one or two of the guitars I own, to the exclusion of all others.

In terms of total play time over my years as a player, its my Ovation Elite (Cadillac Green, FWIW)- I've owned it since the early 1990s, so I've logged a lot of playtime on it.

However, I'd have to say that since I bought it, my Dean Time Capsule Cadillac (3 pickup version) gets the bulk of my playtime. Other additions to the fold have had their fun as well- like my new Jon Kammerer Cored Cherry that I bought myself as a birthday present and I haven't put down for 2 weeks- but the Caddy is still Axe#1.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by azn_guitarist25
My squire. That thing sounds so ****ing monstrous through my spider you guys seriously need to hear it to believe it, the emg 81 is just a whole 'nother world on this and i love it more then the dimebucker i had previously installed in it. but yeah everyone needs to play an 81 through a spider it sounds so ****ing great.

THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Well, I only own two guitars at the moment. One is a Johnson electric, and the other is a Yamaha acoustic. I probably play my electric more than the acoustic. It all depends on the mood I'm in, though. I do like to just sit around with my acoustic sometimes, but I definitely plug in and mess around with the different sounds of my electric more. I like messing with different eq settings and settings on my effect pedals and stuff.
My homemade wolfgang, its the best playing one i've owned so far..
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
Bought a Epi Dot. It's amazing, but i still write and record on my Sg Special from 2001
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
Quote by Kurapica
.... Obviously, my most expensive is my PGM, but I don't use that unless I'm playing a very specific genre. I don't even play much metal/shred so it doesn't see much use...I only bought it because I fell in love with it when I played it.

Anyways, my most used guitar as of the last year is my Swing T-Through. The versatility of the guitar is the main reason I use it. It really can cover crisp rock tones to thick, deep jazz vibes. As most of my music I play is indie punk/alternative this sees a lot of action. The coil splits are particularly useful because I can just knock it to humbuckers for solo'ing or riffing and then single for cleaner and twangier tones. ...
Always pimping that neckthrough! I'd love one of those; also, when you've realized that your PGM needs a better home ...

On topic: It's a toss-up between a MIJ Fender Strat '62 RI with the Custom '57/'62 PUs and an inexpensive, discontinued MIJ Ibanez RG7620 with the LoPro. Can't get away from the Blues and Dinosaur Rock and of course, everybody needs or can use a 7th string.

2nd choices would be the Gibson SG Standard or Fender Highway 1 Tele; again, Blues and Dinosaur Rock!

A week ago it was my strat, now it's my music man
Stuff:
-Orange Tiny Terror head
-Roland Cube 20x
-Ibanez SA
-Ibanez RG7321
-Fender MIM Strat
-EB Music Man SUB 1
It has to be my DKMG it just has a better tone and WAY much better neck that my Epi Les Paul Junior
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight
My partsocaster is the guitar I use most. My other guitar has scratchy and noisy electronics and a shoddy neck, so I don't really have much of a choice :\
Hmm tough choice,
Acoustic wise i use my Admira Flamenco (its ridiculously beat up but still awesome and i got it like fourth hand xD)
As far as electric goes its a toss up between my MIA Strat VG and my Pacifica. The Pacifica is cheap but i honestly just love the light weight, piercing tone and smaller frets compared to the strat which i use for more technical things as the pacifica has a few issues as far as the bridge and neck goes.

Its' definitely the strat though If the batteries on the Roland in my strat die, its the pacifica.
2013 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
Lakewood Sungha Jung Signature
Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster
LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
MIA Fender Strat VG + MiJ Mustang
Martin D1 +Tayor 210e
Kremona Rondo TL Classical
Gretsch G5120
Right now, it would be my two Fender Highway One Stratocasters with Duncan Hot Rails pickups.
My alexi 600 for the moment, always seems to change tho....
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
I play my Jackson DK2M and my MIJ Squire HSH FR strat more than my Gibson Explorer, which just doesn't offer the same playability as my other 2 electrics to me.

As much as I still like it, I'd probably trade it for something else if it wasn't for the sentimental value the guitar has
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Ibanez VBT-700, all the way! :P
My gear:
Guitars:
- Ibanez VBT-700
Amplifiers:
- Marshall DSL401
It changes daily. Or depends how old the strings are. Or how I feel on that day. Or anything else for that matter. Right now strat i think...
My SL2H.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I use my acoustic the most i think

Anyways electric wise I think it has to be this 1 (as of recent):

My Cherry Red Esp Eclipse

Has never failed me live or rehearsing
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Last edited by Dust_to_Dust at Oct 31, 2009,
Quote by azn_guitarist25

Throw away that Metalcore, and buy some serious stuff like the METALZONE. It just screams brutal. It rapes your family, slits your throat, as soon as you unpack it.
Generally, my Lester and my Dean share an equal amount of time. My Stratocaster probably gets the least use and I have my Charvel for when I need to be balls to the wall and cut through a little better.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
About equal between the two, but lately it's been my LP.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Page 1 of 2