I'm in need of a song for a talent show for school in January. I really want a song to jam to, but it can't be an instrumental, because I'm all ready playing yyz with another group. I was actually playing guitar hero (for the very first time) the other day, and came across "Jessica" by the allman brothers. All I remember thinking was "this wold be perfect if it had lyrics and how did I not think of that?", so if anyone could recommend a song by a jam band along the lines of "Jessica" that would be Ideal.

My original plan was to do an all along the watchtower version, but the rest of the band wasn't feeling it, but I may force 'em into it if we can't find anything else

edit **Major as in key
I smile because I have no idea whats goin on
Last edited by fenderuser93 at Nov 1, 2009,
anything by the grateful dead or phish
blue sky by the allman brothers is a damn good tune
Rats in the Infirmry by CKY is a good jamming song with a main riff of chords and some single note riffs.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Soon to have an Ibanez RG1550M, 350M, and RG2610!!
I did a 7 minute long jam over Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Tombstone Shadow"
Quote by CoreysMonster
you know why rabbits are smarter than cows?

fucking cows start moo-ing around for no reason, but rabbits keep their mouth shut until they actually have something to say.

god I hate cows.
Whipping Post is often jammed by the band, that work?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Best jam IMO is grateful deads China Cat Rider, and then you jam in like G Mixo into I Know You rider, that'll get you laid. If have a bunch of instruments try frank zappa's cosmik debris
Freedom isn't free...

It costs like ten dollars a gram
major as in key hah
but some of these are pretty good. Any with a more prominent vocal section in the beginning?
I smile because I have no idea whats goin on
Red House by Hendrix?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by fenderuser93
major as in key hah
but some of these are pretty good. Any with a more prominent vocal section in the beginning?

If you want something with a strong vocal part. Jack Straw from grateful dead
Freedom isn't free...

It costs like ten dollars a gram
If you wanna take the acoustic route, Soulshine by Gov't mule is a good major keyed jam song.
UG's Prodigal Son
Maybe something from hendrix, like vodoo child or hey joe for a mellower kind of jam? Purple haze also jumps to mind. We prettymuch do vodoo child on all of our gigs, and the crowd seems to love it.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Gloria - Van Morrison

easy to sing, awesome to jam on, plenty of opportunities for audience participation and can go on forever...there's no end of possibilities for subtle variations on the rhythm part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bx_djloAsI
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Dec 3, 2009,