Well the other day while I was at one of the local music shops I came across this and went back and bought it this afternoon.

It's an AXL MAYHEM JACKNIFE. It has an alder body, thin Maple neck, rose wood fret board w/abalone fret markers and 2 AXL EMG P90s. Also got the HSC all for $90.00 after a little negotiating.

The guitar plays very well has great tone but I hate the hum P90s have. I'll have to do something about that later.

John

Next week yet another NGD coming....................................
Sweet. For the hum, try a noise gate. Don't you dare put humbuckers in there .

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
^^ Those are EMG Select P90's. Throwing those away wouldn't be the proper way to dispose of them.

But yeah, you COULD try a noise gate, or you could just put some real P90's in there or whatever else you want. Why not?
Another next week? Even if it's only $90 for this one, how do you afford all these?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
Well the other guitar I pick up next week is another $90.00 deal, a Devlin Wraith.

As far as affording them I am retired and I do not have many bills. I make extra dough buying and selling guitars, those are the ones I do not post here because they are bought and sold too fast and I really do not consider them actually mine I only post the ones I keep for myself. I also do work on guitars for people I know sometimes I get guitars in trade or money off guitars I want to buy. I was an auto mechanic and I also make a few extra bucks doing light repair work such as brake jobs. I have several trades to fall back on and make extra money. As long as my bills are paid what ever is left I can blow on guitars or one of my other hobbies. I wish I could say I was rich but if that was the case I would need a warehouse! LOL

I have a Gibson 70s Vintage P90 I want to put in the bridge position. I am going to research some things a noise gate being one maybe a set of stacked humbuckers who knows.

John
Last edited by johnro6659 at Oct 30, 2009,
XD Would you mind getting me a group shot of all your guitars together in a living room or something? I'd love to see how many that situation's gained you the luxury of.

This is the best I can do. The rechargeable batteries in the camera are dead they will only hold enough charge for a few pics. Most are in cases or boxes. Eventually when I have a room I can dedicate to my collection they all will be hanging on wall hangers.

John
Last edited by johnro6659 at Oct 30, 2009,
Alright then, I look forward to seeing them when that day comes.

Here is one more pic I could squeeze out of the camera of the other side of the room. 5 more guitars, My vintage Lafayette 2x12 combo amp a couple practice amps and boxes of guitar parts.

John
Quote by johnro6659
This is the best I can do. The rechargeable batteries in the camera are dead they will only hold enough charge for a few pics. Most are in cases or boxes. Eventually when I have a room I can dedicate to my collection they all will be hanging on wall hangers.

John

Are those cases full or empty? If they're full then you have quite a collection
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
sexy sexy SEXY V guitar.

HNUGD
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by johnro6659

[PICTURE]

John

HOOOOOOLY SHIIIIIID, You got a nice collection there.
Congrats on the guitar!

Is one of the P-90's RW/RP from the other? If so switching to the middle position will kill the hum.

I'd avoid any "stacked" P-90's like Gibson's P-100. To me they don't sound like true single P-90's.

That group shot looks like my office, haha.
Thanks Guys

Yes, all the cases have guitars in them. I try and get a hard case for each guitar. The LP, Strat and other traditional shapes are easy to find cases for around $20.00 to $25.00 it's the odd shaped guitars I have like Vs and Explorers that are hard to find cheap. Just about everything I own is posted in my profile individually. I might have missed one or two. Back in the late 70s early 80s I had just as many Gibsons before I sold off all my babies before I got married my son was born. 95% of my collection was Gibsons and a just a few other brands.

I never really cared for single coil pups and the annoying hum that goes along with them. I wonder if there is some type electronic component I could solder in line to cut the hum down and keep that P90 sound. My problem is too I have a lot of stuff where I play here that interferes/adds more hum. When I tried the AXL out there was a lot of hum but that I figured was because of all the fluorescent lighting in the store there is a little less hum here.The guitar was cheap enough that I can experiment with it and not worry.

John
Try shielding the cavity with copper tape or aluminium foil. If not, you could try out some noiseless single coils or noiseless P90s. Lace Sensors are my favorite pickup company that produces them.

Also, I really hope you have a decent amp to play all those through.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
That AXL is one snazzy looking guitar, I'm jealous.

HNGD!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
seeing that my last name is Axelrod so ive really been wanting a guitar with my name on it
oh whats the name of that guitar that looks like a shark? i forgot where ive seen that before.

nice new guitar and nice collection.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

I have never seen a metal V guitar with P90's before, so that's cool as hell in my mind. I think they give a really unique edge to a metal tone.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Nice collection, and hnugd
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

The shark guitar is made by jay turser.

Idr the model name, probably mako or something, look on their site lol
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Yeah, the Shark Guitar is by Jay Turser and it's called "JT Shark" I have another cheap Chinese no name brand shark as well I put together from parts I got on Ebay. Actually I got the body first thinking it was the Jay Turser but it was not even close to the same quality.

John