So I'm 14 turning 15 next week and by that time I'll have 300 dollars saved up. With my new found wealth I was going to buy a new guitar and Im torn between a Squier by Fender Tele Custom ii with p90 pu's or a ESP Ltd H-100. I play usually play rock, jazz and metal. Which one should I choose?
How much do you have?

If you play metal more go for the ltd, if more rock or jazz go for the squire
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
What is your current gear? May I offer you another suggestion to look at is the Ibanez RG321 which is excellent bang for your buck. Also have you tried out any of the guitars you have stated?
Go try out both yourself. The ESP would [obviously] be better for heavier music.

In my world, the color RED doesn't exist.

The system has encountered a fatal error [1809]: 'YourOpinion' var has no set value.
If I was you, Id look at a Dean MLX, I have one, it's awesome, best I've ever played, and also the best sounding. Also, very cheap, compared to most, but sounds better then ones I've played that cost over $1000. The fret action is perfect, and it sounds awesome and stays in tune forever.
Check it out, to hear it listen to my shred the web vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4qbCd0m9ow
Trust me, you can't go wrong with that guitar, especially if you like heavy stuff.
What you should do is check the pawn shops around your area first. $300 has a lot of negotiation power. Unless you are dead set on getting a new guitar, pawn shops are a good place to start. I've found a couple good deals out of my local pawn shop and I don't really live in that big of a town.
The ibanez RG3ex is awesome. Its about 350 though and set bridge which i like. really nice.
Between metal and jazz which do you play more?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Right now i have a costco squier bullet and a vox valvetronix combo amp. it really sucks cause i know how to sweep and tap and a whole bunch of other stuff and it sounds crappy
It sounds like you play metal more, if thats the case then go for the ESP
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
probally heavier stuff like blink 182 but i can i still get the soft sound cause i also play stuff from like carlos santana and death cab for cutie
Quote by azn_guitarist25
What is your current gear? May I offer you another suggestion to look at is the Ibanez RG321 which is excellent bang for your buck. Also have you tried out any of the guitars you have stated?

THIS GUY KNOWS!! Ibanez RG321mh. I think it's $300 exact. O mann I sold this a while back. It was one of my biggest regrets. It played better than most of the guitars I've ever owned... And I owned a lot.
Stuff:
-Orange Tiny Terror head
-Roland Cube 20x
-Ibanez SA
-Ibanez RG7321
-Fender MIM Strat
-EB Music Man SUB 1
the squier tele deluxe models are actually decent
ad the one i played i liked and im used to mia
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
I love the Tele Custom II. I'm going to get it. I'd suggest that (also the ESP is really only great for metal, and if you play Rock and Jazz as well, you should get the Tele)
Quote by JAHellraiser
It sounds like you play metal more, if thats the case then go for the ESP LTD
*fixed*

And as mentioned, the inexpensive Ibanez RG321MH or SZ320 or even SZ520 can be available for less than $300 used. Monitor CraigsList!

Quote by Ippon
Monitor CraigsList!

This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This
A THOUSAND TIMES THIS!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Ranelbau
probally heavier stuff like blink 182 but i can i still get the soft sound cause i also play stuff from like carlos santana and death cab for cutie

thats pretty damn far from heavy, dude. if you would actually consider that metal, the ltd will be useless for you, get the squier
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Quote by TheTortured
thats pretty damn far from heavy, dude. if you would actually consider that metal, the ltd will be useless for you, get the squier
+∞
I agree with the suggestions that
  • Your taste in music as you've presented it doesn't reflect "Metal" or heavy music in general- you probably don't need anything with active pickups (like EMGs). Standard single coils and/or humbuckers would do just about everything you want. Between the 2 guitars you mentioned, I'd go with the Squier.
  • Your money would probably be better spent on a used guitar. While Craigslist is fine, as an inexperienced shopper, you might be better off finding a local store in which you can actually try out the guitar before buying. I don't know where you live, but I've seen some good used guitars at Guitar Center, Music Go Round, and my local retailers, Charlie's, Murphy's Music and Dallas Used Guitars.
  • Low-priced Ibanez guitars are among the better low-end guitars out there...and no, I don't own one. Among other guitars, I own 2 Deans that I absolutely love, but I wouldn't buy one of their sub-$400 models.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Oct 31, 2009,
Quote by Ranelbau

Pop-punk isn't that heavy. The tele will do what you want, but that said, look into some used guitars.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
One that just popped up on my radar: The Washburn WM24 Renegade. They're running about $399 last I checked.

Can't say I've played one, but reviews have been good.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Squier Tele will do blink-182, Santana, and DCFC fine.

In fact, you should actually avoid that ESP like the plague if you're going to play those three.
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh really? i didnt know children of bodom were better than a band far more famous and popular than them, cheers for the update

Quote by Mr.Maccy
Your from the states. I end my case.
Quote by Sopheydood
Squier Tele will do blink-182, Santana, and DCFC fine.

In fact, you should actually avoid that ESP like the plague if you're going to play those three.

agreed look at some Ibanez's cause i know the offspring use em, but they are slightly heavier and would bode well doing both metal and pop punk imo cant think of any models to look at since im actually a bassist, but one pop punk band in my area's guitarist has an Ibanez and its a great bit of kit and suited the genre rather well.

But if your playing this kinda stuff single coils will be better even tho humbuckers do a nice job giving you a much beefier tone but theres a lot of good ibanez's with singles and hums in the body :P.

And i do agree on avoiding ESP even tho Justin from Anti-Flag has used one a few times :P but thats a diffrent kettle of fish from the likes of Blink xD
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
sorry i didnt mean i play metal right now. im still getting into it and i wanted to just make sure that i could get a good metal sound from the guitar i chose. anyway from all the suggestions i was looking through the ibanez and started to like the ibanez art100. does it top the esp and the squier?
Last edited by Ranelbau at Oct 31, 2009,
More important question. AMP. AMP. AMP.

What do you have right now for a current set up? A crappy amp will put a great guitar to shame.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
I have a vox valvetronix. it made my crappy squier bullet sound alot better so im guessing with a new guitar anything would be an upgrade. i think now im between the squier tele custom and the ibanez art100.