In the DAW Reaper whenever I my guitar is plugged in and i'm recording I can hear my guitar through my speakers, but the problem is the lag between from when I pick a note to when i hear it.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
..shorter cables?? Run it through less stuff if you can?
Idk, that seems kinda weird to me...
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
its the hardware buffer size u need to adjust. but i dont use reaper watever that is i use pro tools
it's called LATENCY... the delay is common - can be due to a slow CPU, RAM and especially the soundcard. Download a FIX (usually helps a lot) called ASIO4ALL (Google it). Set it up and choose ASIO drivers (ASIO4ALL) - when you get it configured with Reaper it should help the "delay" or LATENCY issue.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by strangedogs
it's called LATENCY... the delay is common - can be due to a slow CPU, RAM and especially the soundcard. Download a FIX (usually helps a lot) called ASIO4ALL (Google it). Set it up and choose ASIO drivers (ASIO4ALL) - when you get it configured with Reaper it should help the "delay" or LATENCY issue.

I downloaded it and ran it, but nothing. Should I have checked the other two boxes?