So I need a new amp, my current amp, it's awsome but not loud enough(Fender Princeton 112 65W 1 speaker), I need a cheap but good(lower then 500$) amp that I can play at my school festivals with, there is a drummer,singer,bassist, and me.. I do use pedals so great distortion Isn't a must.... If yall could help out i'd appreciate it much.

Thanks,
Marshalp.

P.S. On the back of the amp it says "Input Power 120V 60HZ 180 W" its a fender 112 plus made somewhere in California, U.S.A.

My genres range from like red hot chili peppers to really heavy metal just depends... And at home i play alot of blues..
To the guy about the Handsome devil... my price range at most is like 400 dude.
My pedals, MXR Blue box, 6-band eq, BBE AM64, Morley Power wah, Fender pt-100 tuner, I want to upgrade distortion and also get a MXR micro amp & a Boss DD-3.

Okay so its 65 watts i had no clue about the amp at all, I just got it with my strat.
If I work my @$$ of I can get maby a 500$ amp.
Last edited by Marshalp at Oct 31, 2009,
180W isn't enough and you want to look at a low wattage Blackheart?

/confused
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by Marshalp
...my current amp, it's awsome but not loud enough(Fender Princeton 112 180W 1 speaker)...

Are you sure!?? I know watts =/= volume, but a 180 watt amp should have enough power to push through in a band situation.

Also, what type of music are you playing? Name some bands (genres are far too broad because often times a single genres is filled with a variety of tones).

Are you willing to go used?

What other gear will you be using?
I used to use a little Spider II 75 watt 1x12 combo (*insert senseless and uneducated Line 6 bashing here*) in a garage band with (drummer bassist, singer), and it coped fine. I think anything in a stack (well anything not at the Tiny Terror range of the spectrum) will do you just fine.
That's not a 180 watt amp. It's 65, and that coupled with your EQing and the speaker might be too quiet. The 180 watt label is the power consumption, not the output.
Quote by Wolffgang
I used to use a little Spider II 75 watt 1x12 combo (*insert senseless and uneducated Line 6 bashing here*) in a garage band with (drummer bassist, singer), and it coped fine. I think anything in a stack (well anything not at the Tiny Terror range of the spectrum) will do you just fine.

You're post is so full of phail.

Line 6 is a great company - check out the Flextone and the Vetta, along with the POD multi-effects.

While Spiders do get a lot of undeserved hate here, they still are pretty bad amps. The smaller models do make decent practice amps. However when you start getting to the into the bigger models (like the 75 watt you mentioned) they simple just become oversized practice amps. They are overpriced and sound pretty terrible compared to other amps you can get with the same price tag. Yea, it will be loud enough to play in a band but you will have ungodly awful tone.

And the last part of your statement is laughable. His budget is 200-350, there's no way he could afford a stack that would be loud enough for a band situation, even if he went in the used market.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
You're post is so full of phail.

His budget is 200-350, there's no way he could afford a stack that would be loud enough for a band situation, even if he went in the used market.

He could get a fender fm100h halfstack used for that. If he's already using mostly pedals for drive/distortion it'd be fine for a live band situation. I use one, and get the thumbs up for my live sound all the time! But make sure he (YES YOU, TS!) understands that the drive channel(s) on this amp are unusable.

But, there are better options out there in fairness...
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
Quote by gerardwayne
He could get a fender fm100h halfstack used for that. If he's already using mostly pedals for drive/distortion it'd be fine for a live band situation. I use one, and get the thumbs up for my live sound all the time! But make sure he (YES YOU, TS!) understands that the drive channel(s) on this amp are unusable.

But, there are better options out there in fairness...

Oh wait, the pedals were from the guy with the broken cheap marshall head, weren't they? Never mind. I retract the previous post.
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
If the singer is using a PA, why can't you just mic the amp?

He/she's gotta be using something to get anywhere near audible with a drummer, bass, and 65watts of amped electric guitar. Just hook yourself up to that.

Sure SM57 $100

You save...

$400!!!
Gear:

Last edited by gerardwayne at Oct 31, 2009,
Well its my singers moms eq haha and she usually plays before us.. idk good idea but i realy want to upgrade all around.
Great savings! now continueing anyone know about the Vox AC4TV and V112TV Half Stack ? I think that might be a good option? IDK help me out amps/stacks under 500$ that are good for small gigs...
Quote by Marshalp
Great savings! now continueing anyone know about the Vox AC4TV and V112TV Half Stack ? I think that might be a good option? IDK help me out amps/stacks under 500$ that are good for small gigs...

Are you willing to buy a used amp?

What type of music are you playing? (name bands please)
The AC4TV is no where near giggable un miced, especially if you want cleans and/or have a loud drummer. It's a great sounding amp though.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Well i mean were starting originals but everything that is rock from like Soft chili peppers stuff and then the heavy funk metal jam stuff that they do and then we do alot of metal also. Metallica, Pantera, some slayer, Sepultura, Slipknot ( if i feel like getting setup for drop LMNOPQ haha) metal and we also do funk jams, we do primus and alot of stuff its hard to say exactly. And yes Im willing for used.
Quote by mmolteratx
The AC4TV is no where near giggable un miced, especially if you want cleans and/or have a loud drummer. It's a great sounding amp though.

Thanks but it comes with a cab.. Vox AC4TV and V112TV Half Stack
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Are you willing to buy a used amp?

What type of music are you playing? (name bands please)

Well i mean were starting originals but everything that is rock from like Soft chili peppers stuff and then the heavy funk metal jam stuff that they do and then we do alot of metal also. Metallica, Pantera, some slayer, Sepultura, Slipknot ( if i feel like getting setup for drop LMNOPQ haha) metal and we also do funk jams, we do primus and alot of stuff its hard to say exactly. And yes Im willing for used.
Quote by Marshalp

Line 6 Flextone, maybe?
Quote by Marshalp
Thanks but it comes with a cab.. Vox AC4TV and V112TV Half Stack

It doesn't matter. 4 watts isn't giggable IMO. I wouldn't go under 30 tube and 100 ss.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by I am wet
180W isn't enough and you want to look at a low wattage Blackheart?

/confused

the 180w is how much it needs. it only gives and output of 65w.
Used Peavey Classic 30?
You could also buy a Bugera V55 and a decent 2x12.
AC4 won't be loud enough for gigging, even with a big cab.

And pretty much what everyone else said, except the guy who suggested get an extension cab for the current amp.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by mmolteratx
It doesn't matter. 4 watts isn't giggable IMO. I wouldn't go under 30 tube and 100 ss.

+1

I really don't think its just your opinion either. I think its just impossible to play an unmic'd gig with a band with 4 watt amp even if you wanted to.

Quote by sgc09
the 180w is how much it needs. it only gives and output of 65w.

Thank you, but thats already been established.
Quote by Marshalp

You're gonna catch a lot of flack for posting both of those because both are very unpopular amps around here.

However, the Frontman would be loud enough for gigs and is a decent amp IF you are only using the clean channel and will use external dirt pedals. The drive channel on the Frontman is one of the worst I've ever heard.

The Crate would also be loud enough for gigs and has a decent amount of gain on the drive channel, but the tone leaves much to be desired.

Also, take into consideration that both are cheap SS amps so you will most likely encounter reliability issues with either amp (the companies use cheap materials and parts and don't use good assembly methods).