Hey guys ive been playing guitar for only a little over a year now,

I recorded this solo right after breaking up with my girlfriend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlGMPqUOUts

edit: me and her are back together

edit edit: Dont know whats gonna happen
Last edited by Heathbb at Oct 31, 2009,
Overall pretty good.
Your picking seems a bit weak too. I literally mean pick harder to get more dynamics and try and throw some accents in. You need to practice those faster runs too. It seemed like you're trying to play faster than you really can. Slow those down and get them perfect and all the way up to speed.

EDIT: Might have been wrong about your tone
With our lives based on the hope for salvation
The humanist paradigm is nothing but a charade
Condemned to inertia: a passive race
We wait and contemplate

Last edited by ApeWeevil at Nov 8, 2009,
Quote by ApeWeevil
You need to practice those faster runs too. It seemed like you're trying to play faster than you really can.

I agree. Seemed very forced and tensed trying to play those faster runs.
It's decent for 1 year though.
i was gonna give you 5 stars but then i saw you're left handed!

just kidding.

good job overall. i didnt think your tone was that bad, considering the medium you used to record it. but i guarantee the guy above me knows more about lead tone than me so listen to him. the faster licks were good. i cant quite tell if you did that lick at :41 exactly how kirk does it, but if you didnt, you sure faked it well! there at the end you got ahead of the recording but oh well. shit happens.

i commented/rated your vid as WARinMYhead1. could you hit up the link in my sig and crit?

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by SYLrules88

just kidding.

good job overall. i didnt think your tone was that bad, considering the medium you used to record it. but i guarantee the guy above me knows more about lead tone than me so listen to him. the faster licks were good. i cant quite tell if you did that lick at :41 exactly how kirk does it, but if you didnt, you sure faked it well! there at the end you got ahead of the recording but oh well. shit happens.

i commented/rated your vid as WARinMYhead1. could you hit up the link in my sig and crit?

thanks for commenting

I was recording this via pod xt, I didnt add the wah wah. Will re record it though
Last edited by Heathbb at Nov 9, 2009,
Quote by SYLrules88

just kidding.

o by the way I actually am left-handed playing a right handed guitar
Pretty good for 1 year. I'd sit down and practice your technique. Your picking hand seems to be very tense and isn't flowing nearly as much as it should. Your bends also need work, but that also comes with practice. Overall keep at it. If you practice everyday and practice the things you need to improve on, you are going to end up being a very good player. Keep at it!

Feel free to check out my Nothing Else Matters cover
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1228752