Its time to start heading to the various music stores to try out some new guitars, pedals, amps etc for christmas ^_^

Ive been looking at the following so far:
Gibson Les Paul Studio Silverburst
Jackson Dinky w/ Sustaniac
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
Fender Jaguar 1966 LE
Ibanez RGT42DXFM

Budget is up to $1500 (but that will probably mean very little money left for an amp so the les paul is iffy)

Amp wise, i have no idea what i want. I currently have a 15watt line 6 spider 3 which honestly i havent had too much of an issue with. I do want something with overdrive and more range distortion wise though. A double recetifier is the tone im aiming for, but $2000 is simply to much to possibly justify.

Ill also be picking up a line 6 micro spider for various other reasons.

Pedal wise, i want to be able to nail sounds like Paramore, Bullet for my Valentine, Devil Wears Prada, Hey Monday, Silverstein, Killers, As I Lay Dying, All That Remains and the Human Abstract.

Only pedal i have atm is a Digitech RP250.

My main guitar atm is a MIA Fender Stratocaster VG which plays pretty awesomely as long as the synth batteries hold up. Im looking for something that i can get screeching harmonics out of easily and preferably with active pickups, as all my current stuff is passive. I point blank refuse to purchase anything from Dean or BC Rich, and i dont want anything that has a weird shape like an Explorer (Iceman is ok, just nothing pointy and awkward, im into the Strat style shape)
2013 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
Lakewood Sungha Jung Signature
Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster
LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
MIA Fender Strat VG + MiJ Mustang
Martin D1 +Tayor 210e
Kremona Rondo TL Classical
Gretsch G5120
DBZ Bolero and Randall RM50 combo. There is a Randall on ebay for $400 buy it now. It uses modular preamps, which are each $200 new. Blackface module for cleans and something like a Grail or SL+ for high gain. Most info can be found here; if not, then post or PM me. Be sure to listen to the clips.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1188551

DBZ Bolero: http://www.themusicfarm.com/product_info.php?products_id=8844

Several more found here: http://www.carlinoguitars.com/DBZGuitars_livepics1.html

That adds up to roughly...$1500...give or take.

Good Luck.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
The Sustainiac kicks butt, but you can add it into almost any guitar any time you want for about $250. You might have to do some routing. I did a lot of routing to get one into my Avenger. It was worth it.

The Sustainiac is an active pickup system. The Jackson with the Sustainiac is a great deal, but you miss out on the DIY fun.

Since you already have a Strat, I recommend getting something w/24 frets now.

If you get a Floyd Rose, plan on keeping it in one tuning only. You'll need to re-set up and maybe even re-intonate the bridge for tuning changes.

I had to get a second 24 fret guitar with a Rose so I could keep one in Standard & one in Drop D in addition to my Strats. I use a Digitech Whammy (built into my MFX pedals) to detune anywhere down from a half step to 2 octaves.

Cheers...
Hmm i totally forgot about the frets, it was one of the reasons i wanted to grab another guitar too. Yeah, i definitely need something with 24 frets and the sustaniac is probably not worth it since i can get pretty much infinite sustain out of the compressor on the digitech (dont ask how... its magic)
Switching tunings is not an issue for me since this new guitar will likely be left in a single tuning, the Strat is what i use for any other tuning since the onboard synth combined with digitech whammy can tune to just about anything without touching a knob.

Also i would prefer to be able to try before buying since its a considerable investment, ive got a guitar center and samash nearby but no local shops so if its not availible from either of those two could have issues :/

To clarify, i am aiming more towards a Rectifier for the non rich. Doesnt have to be too many watts either, so if it doesnt come in more than 15, its not an issue.
2013 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Martin D1 +Tayor 210e
Gretsch G5120
Kinda makes you wonder why they don't make a VG with a Floyd Rose.

I do all my detuning with a whammy, too.

Won't MF.com let you return a guitar w/in 30 days if you don't like it?
Jackson DKMG and Egnater Rebel 20 with Avatar cab?
That's what I'd do.......

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
get the guitar you like most

amp-wise you can't fall down so much so take some nice small tube amp or something
Quote by battlespud
To clarify, i am aiming more towards a Rectifier for the non rich. Doesnt have to be too many watts either, so if it doesnt come in more than 15, its not an issue.

The Grail module for the MTS series is probably the best Rectifier based stock module. A modder on the MTS forum with the screenname Jaded Faith does a mod to the Treadplate module (recto) that users claim goes beyond the Mesa itself. The mod is like $140. You can probably find the module used for about $150. Jaded Faith (Rob) lives in New Jersey.

The RM50 comes stock at 50W, but can get 25 or 80 depending on what tubes you put into it. And it has a bias section so you can change tubes and bias them yourself. In the second page of that thread i posted, i posted an explanation of the different tubes you can use and what to bias them to. To get 25W you can only use JJ 6V6's. Any other brand of 6V6 won't work. I'm using them in my RM80 (2x12 RM50) and they sound pretty good. It can still get pretty loud, but it is manageable. I highly recommend looking into the Randal MTS series; it is probably the most versatile amp, imo. If you do get it, i highly recommend looking into Salvation mods. His mod's are all incredible. There is a link in that thread above that has clips of all his mods. He just came out with the Angel mod which is based off of several Engl's. The sound clips are amazing.

If you would rather have 24 frets and actives, you should probably look into ESP's.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-EC401-Electric-Guitar?sku=580199

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Deluxe-EC1000-Stealth-Electric-Guitar?sku=476287

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-James-Hetfield-LTD-Truckster-Electric-Guitar?sku=512025

But i recommend taking a look at some of the other DBZ guitars. The Venom and Bird of Prey are both great guitars. But if they are more extreme than what your looking for, a ESP might be what you want. But even though the Bolero doesn't have 24 frets or actives, it is a great guitar that you might want to look at. You can always switch the pickups out, but from what i hear the stock pickups are pretty good (unlike some other company's stock pickups). They are custom made to match the guitar's design. Another cool feature in the Bolero is that it has a coil tap.

Good Luck.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
Quote by battlespud
...the sustaniac is probably not worth it since i can get pretty much infinite sustain out of the compressor on the digitech (dont ask how... its magic)

2 Things:

1. Although having the abilty to sustain a note until the battery goes out is neat, the real reason to have a Sustainiac is for the harmonic mode. That's what lets you get feedback effects which you can control. That's what makes it worth a couple hundred bucks. Give the number on their website a call and talk to the guy. He's been doing this for decades and he's super cool.

2. I've got a couple of Digitech MFX pedals--what compression settings do you use to get that magic sustain you're talking about?

Thanks!
you already have an awesome guitar. The Carvin V3 is an awesome amp. It's not that expensive either. I think it's ~1200 USD. Very nice amp. I prefer the X100B, but you said you like recto tones. Look it up on carvin's website. And I recommend the Hellraiser. Really awesome guitars.
I no longer need any help as far as guitar goes, picked up a Schecter Blackjack C1 at GC at a very nice $349 today (Even though its listen on their website at $750??? and i was the first one to buy one in that store apparently xD), thing is so sexy with the mother of pearl inlay and Ace of Spades on the 12th fret. Its got decently hot passive pickups even though i was aiming for actives it wll do and its a 24 fret with a very nice cutaway.
I tried a hellraiser for the 34th or so time but i just didnt feel much of a difference between it and any generic guitar. Also the Floyd Rose was a huge disadvantage which stopped me from picking up either the Hellraiser or the LTD MH 1000 which i liked quite a bit. I just cant stand not being able to tune the E down a step anytime i want.

As far as amps go, it will have to be $500 or less as i cant justify a ton of cash anymore due to various things.
2013 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Martin D1 +Tayor 210e
Gretsch G5120
I wouldn't get a studio, but that's just my opinion, they just don't feel right as a Standard does in my hands. If you still want the Les Paul model though and enough for an amp afterwards, I suggest maybe a low end PRS (I'm not sure what all of the models are, but I've played some great lower end PRS's) or possibly an Epiphone LP Custom, but try before buyin, as there are duds out there. That should leave plenty for a really good amp, which makes up a lot more of your sound quality than most would think.
Go for the Jackson with Sustaniac, it so cool! Or the LP, cant go wrong with those
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight
Read my last post please, i purchased a Schecter Blackjack C1 (the one with the Mother of pearl Ace of Spades on the twelth fret with the passive Seymours, not the active one with the lightening bolt)

I liked it better than the Hellraiser and playing any but the Gibson Silverburst les paul i felt like i was falling over and it was very uncomfortable, the silverburst was perfect (its chambered so its lighter and has hotter pickups than a regular studio) but it was $1499 and i felt like i was paying pretty much purely for the name in that case.
2013 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Martin D1 +Tayor 210e
Gretsch G5120