Received my new Dream 90's/potentiometers/solder from Guitar Fetish this afternoon. Finally got everything installed tonight. SUPER pleased. Hoping to get a clip up soon, pics will have to do for now. Amazing quality for the money. Sound a bit different then the P90's in my Agile Goldtop but still nice and bright.

SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Thanks guys! I've been through a few pickup setups now and this is hands down my favorite and what I'll probably stick with. Now to chuck that old Gibson 498T into my modded first act.......
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Quote by ianae86
Thanks guys! I've been through a few pickup setups now and this is hands down my favorite and what I'll probably stick with. Now to chuck that old Gibson 498T into my modded first act.......

Or...

umm...

Send it to me!?
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Or...

umm...

Send it to me!?

Well I'd consider selling it but I've got a super microphonic Jackson pickup coil tapped in there now. I'll probably tap the Gibson pickup as well. I've done alot of work on the First Act (and actually had a thread about it a while back) and it plays great, just needs something different pickup-wise.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
That is the sex.

Congrats!

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by ianae86
Well I'd consider selling it but I've got a super microphonic Jackson pickup coil tapped in there now. I'll probably tap the Gibson pickup as well. I've done alot of work on the First Act (and actually had a thread about it a while back) and it plays great, just needs something different pickup-wise.

I'm not a huge fan of Gibson pickups if you're buying them because you can get hand-wound pickups for around the same price.

But anything will be better than the Epi pickups in my SG (which I've had for about 5 years and have never got around to changing the pickups! )
Quote by jc349
That is the sex.

Congrats!

Haha, thanks man! It's funny what switching up the knobs and getting some nice, covered pickups in there does for the cosmetics. I lovez me some offset guitars
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
I'm not a huge fan of Gibson pickups if you're buying them because you can get hand-wound pickups for around the same price.

But anything will be better than the Epi pickups in my SG (which I've had for about 5 years and have never got around to changing the pickups! )

Agreed. Didn't really set out for the 498T. Was originally going to get Jaguar HH pickups from a friend but something came up with the wiring process so he cut me a deal on the 4 conductor 498 he had laying around. Sounded fine, just wasn't what I wanted out of the Jag.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Quote by unet

Your guitar looks brilliant!!

Probably sounds killer now as well.

Congrats.

Can i have it?

Thanks! And I'm afraid it won't be leaving my collection anytime soon (if ever, naturally roadworn ftw! haha).

Quote by innertom
how much did that all cost you?

Well I think the Jagmaster was around $240-250 new. New pots/pickups from Guitar Fetish ran around $70. Most of the money was accumulated through sells/trades with other guitar equipment so I didn't have much out of pocket expense
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Nicest Squier Sunburst I've seen. Any idea what year it was made? Japan, China?
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by ianae86
Haha, thanks man! It's funny what switching up the knobs and getting some nice, covered pickups in there does for the cosmetics. I lovez me some offset guitars

HNPuD!
She's a beauty
I was trying to work out what you'd done to it! I always thought the Squier's were the ugly little brother's of the Fender's. Man after seeing this I might have to invest in one of these, I love offset guitars but after buying my tele getting a Fender one might be a bit of a distant dream
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Thanks for all the props, gang! Its a newer model. Purchased it a year or two ago. 24" scale. Just a heads up to those considering the pickup mod, they DO NOT fit in the pickguard without some modding. It's cut for uncovered pickups so I had to route it a bit. Just thought I'd give it a heads up
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Quote by ianae86
Thanks for all the props, gang! Its a newer model. Purchased it a year or two ago. 24" scale. Just a heads up to those considering the pickup mod, they DO NOT fit in the pickguard without some modding. It's cut for uncovered pickups so I had to route it a bit. Just thought I'd give it a heads up

Great job with the routing. It can be tough to route pickguards without burning them up.
Nice Jagmaster, I really wanna get a Jazz soon.

I've got a neck Dream 90, sounds awesome.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
I considered whether I wanted to go with the Mean or Dream 90. I think I'm happy with my choice. It certainly fits what I was looking for.

In other news just got that 498T coil tapped and thrown in the first act. Thing freaking rocks with the new pickup!

SLAP energy drinks ftw.