pretty sweet. a little fizzy maybe, but still good.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
f*ck man nice riff!! what are your recording methods? that riff is very heavy! nice quality recording too! ill give it 5 stars. could you listen to mine? hah not as tight as yours but still decent. im thinking of changing mine around a bit in the coming days or week.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

I have to agree about the fizz. Figuring out the gain and presence and treble on this baby is going to take some time in regards to recording. Probably should have backed off the gain a touch since I have four tracks going on that recording.

As far as recording method I use my comp as a DAW with Audition and DFH through FL Studio with a faked bass as I've yet to invest in one. I recorded with two tracks at once through two separate SM57s. One is pointed directly at the cap and sitting right at the grill and the other slightly off axis at a right angle to the cone but the same distance as the other mic. I find this way that you can get a high treble track (where some of the fizz is coming from) which is good for overall clarity and then another which is a little more mid/low-mid based. It gives a swept mid chunk and feel without losing all of the mids and without changing any amp settings. So I record the two tracks at once and pan them left 75% and then do another run through and pan them 75% right. The nice thing about this method is that it gives you a mix of two different tracks to capture the sound of the amp. By slightly increasing the level of one track you can increase the mids or treble WITHOUT EQing.
Oh, and the guitar is a standard 6 string tuned down to A with Dimarzio Tone Zones. The Tone Zones have been great but are a little high gain at times and also contribute to fizziness when multi-tracking.
dude i really like that riff. kinda makes me wanna record something similar to that haha

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Get inspired, emulate it or plain rip it off. No matter to me so long as you're playing.
much better tone on that one, nice job.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
I actually think I like the first recording better, it's more fizzy, yes, but it's so much more in-your-face. The second recording sounds too muffled to me at the beginning. The second recording has more clarity on the second riff though.

I dunno, undecided on this one haha. Sounds sick as hell though nonetheless.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Isn't a high-pass filter to remove low frequencies rather than what normally causes the fuzziness of distortion (2.5-5kHz)? Did you mean a low-pass filter or something completely different? Or by fuzzy did you mean muddy?