Quick question about tube amps since i know nothing of them. I was wondering if they are loud cause i usually see them in low wattage.

I'm trying to buy a new amp and was looking into these tube amps. Budget is under 500 USD. I play anything from RHCP to Metallica to Disturbed. Also like playing on a clean channel.
in relation to solid state amps, tube amps are much louder in perceived volume. I have used my Egnater Rebel 20 and have kept up with a 100 watt solid state amp easily. The general rule is that 15 watts is enough to do small gigs over a drummer. Keep in mind than x10 watts=x2 volume. There are many great low-wattage tube amps that can be used in small gigging situations. A 30 watt tube amp should b fine fo most gigs, as long as you don't need too much headroom.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by jc349
in relation to solid state amps, tube amps are much louder in perceived volume. I have used my Egnater Rebel 20 and have kept up with a 100 watt solid state amp easily. The general rule is that 15 watts is enough to do small gigs over a drummer. Keep in mind than x10 watts=x2 volume. There are many great low-wattage tube amps that can be used in small gigging situations. A 30 watt tube amp should b fine fo most gigs, as long as you don't need too much headroom.

While I'll agree with you for the most part, those are just general statements. An amp's loudness all depends on its circuitry.

A 50 watt Marshall may be louder than a 50 watt Peavey, depending on both amps' circuitries (that is just an example, I'm not at all implying that one of those brands is louder than the other).
Do you gig?
Are you willing to buy used?

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
I don't gig yet but I do have friends that I jam with and wanted to mostly upgrade from my Spider III 120W (probably get like 50-100 USD on it). Getting over the loudness of a drummer is a must though, no problems with the Spider III for me really but I've seen that Tone is better than a gazillion effects.
I would say a 50 watt tube amp is gonna solve all your problems but i have found even 10watt mesa's to be bloody loud!

50 watt amps clip real nice and by the time you get it to a volume over a kit it will sing sing sing!

also take into account a 2X12 is gonna sound much mighter than a 1X12 anyday even at the same wattage
Quote by i_am_metalhead
While I'll agree with you for the most part, those are just general statements. An amp's loudness all depends on its circuitry.

A 50 watt Marshall may be louder than a 50 watt Peavey, depending on both amps' circuitries (that is just an example, I'm not at all implying that one of those brands is louder than the other).

I was generalizing because he's new to tube amps, and I didn't want to get him confused, but you're right.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Quote by jc349
I was generalizing because he's new to tube amps, and I didn't want to get him confused, but you're right.

I like to be complex and confusing