I'm currently facing the tough decision between an ESP LTD EC100 w/ Floyd Rose and a Schecter C-7 Hellraiser w/ Floyd Rose. I play in etiher drop A or drop B and am wondering if using a higher guage of strings on the six string LTD would be a bad idea to tune down that low. Any advice and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!
Quote by hellraiser91
I play in etiher drop A or drop B

Pick one, changing tunings with a Floyd Rose is a complete bitch. If you already know what you're getting into there, then I'd ask, what are you playing?
Quote by Ali-b912
Pick one, changing tunings with a Floyd Rose is a complete bitch. If you already know what you're getting into there, then I'd ask, what are you playing?
If you already have one guitar, keep that one in drop A and buy a new one and keep that on drop B (or vice versa)
I find it odd that you're comparing a 6 string against a 7 string. Honestly choose whichever one you prefer the feel of more. Honestly it seems useless to compare a 6 against a 7 they are two completely different type of guitars.
I have the ec-1000 and love it but like said a above its hard to compare a 6 to a 7.
my concern is that using a heavier guage string to tune the ec-1000 that low could possibly damage the neck or floyd rose
Quote by hellraiser91
my concern is that using a heavier guage string to tune the ec-1000 that low could possibly damage the neck or floyd rose

If you set them up right you shouldn't have any problems though I wonder how the OFR would handle that low, it should certainly be an interesting guitar.