Any of you guys ever try that? Ive been wanting to but i feel like im not going to hear everyone elses music with only one ear. How has it worked out for you if you have done it?
Parker Fly
Epiphone G-400
Gibson Faded SG
Line 6 AX2 212 100 watt
Line 6 Spider 2 75 watt
Ovation Celebrity Deluxe
Quote by jamespweb
Any of you guys ever try that? Ive been wanting to but i feel like im not going to hear everyone elses music with only one ear. How has it worked out for you if you have done it?

I'm pretty sure you run the entire mix into the monitors, don't you?

I was jamming with a band a couple months ago that used them and they said they are very hard to get use to but once you do you will never wanna play a gig without them.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
I'm pretty sure you run the entire mix into the monitors, don't you?

I was jamming with a band a couple months ago that used them and they said they are very hard to get use to but once you do you will never wanna play a gig without them.

It would seem like it, but id want to hear myself, and i am not a music engineer and i really wouldnt control the levels because the mixer is like 50 feet away from the stage, so i think i would just run my guitar to it. I also heard about communicators for musicians in a band(in ear walkie talkies) How the hell does that work if it exists??
Parker Fly
Epiphone G-400
Gibson Faded SG
Line 6 AX2 212 100 watt
Line 6 Spider 2 75 watt
Ovation Celebrity Deluxe
I ran a band and we used noise reducing (in ear) headphones and extention cables to mini mixers on stage. Cost about £50 compared to about £300.
Quote by jamespweb
It would seem like it, but id want to hear myself, and i am not a music engineer and i really wouldnt control the levels because the mixer is like 50 feet away from the stage, so i think i would just run my guitar to it. I also heard about communicators for musicians in a band(in ear walkie talkies) How the hell does that work if it exists??

That's what sounds checks are for. You get everything mixed so you can clearly hear all of the instruments and vocals before you play.

If you just monitor your guitar I think you'll have a hard time hearing everyone else.