One of our prospect songs, here's hoping it makes the album.

C4C as always, the other guitar is missing solos b/c he hasn't gotten a chance to write them yet but I'm stoked

Enjoy \m/

edit: bar 57 is a temp/filler
Attachments:
surgery gone wrong.gp5
surgery gone wrong_gp4.gp4
surgery gone wrong.mid
"Our revenge so everlasting sweet,
Enslave your Children, Behead the weak,
Kill every last Man, Woman and Machine
The cleansing has begun.
Your meek defense is foolish,
we come from the stars a trillion strong."
Last edited by cptazad at Oct 31, 2009,
It's safe to say that that was ****in amazing. Awesome song, way better than I was expecting. To be honest I thought it was gonna be chug chug chug haha but I was wrong. Can't wait to hear it recorded and with vox
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Ya, passed this along to my vocalist today he's working on lyrics as we speak, we jam this sunday so I'm stoked to see what he's written, he told me to call it surgery gone wrong for now.
The cleansing has begun.
Awesome! You guys got a band myspace or anything?
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
myspace.com/xenocideband

we don't have much up there seeing as how the shit was recorded using a 5 dollar mic at my place, 2 guitars recorded w/ no warm up haha and its old material, we haven't put anything new up since our old vocalist left. Our newer material is more technical oriented (my other guitarist got me hooked on Necrophagist...)

Hopefully going into the studio sometime early next year (fingers crossed)
The cleansing has begun.
The working name is a little juvenile, lol. But the music is far from it. Very creative, death metal look and sound to the song. I have no major problems with the song except for your temporary filler at bar 57. That bar pretty much messes up the tempo to the song. It throws it around a bit and doesn't fit at all. So you could probably get that filler changed because, like you said, it's only a temporary filler. Bar 20 - 21 needs a little work. Some of it doesn't sound right. I think it's mainly bar 21, and the beginning part of that bar. Good transition at the end of that bar though. The outro verse and outro were both good. I liked the idea behind the last few bars on the outro. Sounds like it's been done before, but it fits well and that's all that matters.

Overall, 8 / 10. Fix the temporary filler and bar 20 - 21 and that score will rise to a 9 or a 10.
There will be zero tolerance
For the creator of hallowed intentions
There will be zero tolerance
Fate is your deciding God
I've gotta ask, can your drummer play this? Some of this, especially the double-bass 32nd notes at 200 BPM, just seem like downright abuse, if not impossible.
Quote by herby190
I've gotta ask, can your drummer play this? Some of this, especially the double-bass 32nd notes at 200 BPM, just seem like downright abuse, if not impossible.

Are you suggesting you've never heard 32nd notes @ 200bpm? (cough cough Nile, Vital Remains, etc)

Having said that our drummer is working up to it, he didn't start out with death metal but he gets better every time we jam which is mind boggling b/c he didn't have a kit at home until very recently.

edit: yes he can play 16th notes (bass drum) @ 200bpm
The cleansing has begun.
Last edited by cptazad at Nov 1, 2009,
Drums are clearly playable. Fast, but playable.
Name of the song is pretty stupid. It might be brutal, but sounds more like goregrind name. The music itself is awesome! Great death metal!
I will buy your guy's album as soon as its out, this is genius! I've also seen all your other songs posted around here, and this is propably my fave, with Rip in Time being second, all the riffs are great, and I can't wait to hear it once some of the stuff left out for the 2nd guitar. Anyways, I don't have a song to crit, and this wasn't really much of a crit anyways, just saying I love your guy's stuff. More people need to be doing stuff like this, way too much of this genre died with the 90s.
Quote by AngryNoiseDude
I will buy your guy's album as soon as its out, this is genius! I've also seen all your other songs posted around here, and this is propably my fave, with Rip in Time being second, all the riffs are great, and I can't wait to hear it once some of the stuff left out for the 2nd guitar. Anyways, I don't have a song to crit, and this wasn't really much of a crit anyways, just saying I love your guy's stuff. More people need to be doing stuff like this, way too much of this genre died with the 90s.

Damn man thanks, feels good to know someone out there enjoys our music!

One thing I like about my band is that we don't stick to just one thing and do it over and over, all our songs are different (style/feel/etc), so this song is really technical but for example "Rampancy" is our most melodic song reminiscent of Arch Enemy almost mixed with Lamb of God. Out of all the songs though my favorite is hands down the self title track of the album "Galactic Oppression", I can't wait to share it with you guys in due time =D

I really don't know what to call our band, some would say death metal, I just say metal.

The cleansing has begun.
Last edited by cptazad at Nov 3, 2009,
I'd say its technical-progressive-melodic death metal.

Though thats alittle long >_>

Have you heard At The Gates first album? I can't help but think you'd love it if you haven't heard it already, blows their later stuff out of the water.
Bar 1 to 12 - good start off riff to a death metal song.

Bar 13 - I like it because it has that cannibal corpses feel to it. (pretty sure a lot of death metal bands use this type of riff)

Bar 27 to 30 - I don't like this riff that much. It sounds like though generic technical death metal riffs with no backbone and just a overused diminished sound.

Bar 33 to 34 - I'm liking this riff a lot. Good job.

Bar 37 - 40 - Pretty generic death metal solo but it works.

I love the outro verse! I love the harmony. I might use this type of riff style in my own songwriting.

I like the song but there are a few parts that are alright but overall, it is a great song.