I am hopefully getting a line 6 Ux2 for my birthday

however, my mum is concerned that it does not have evrything i need for recornding my guitar

at first i will probably just plug it directly into the computer, as i dont have a mic at the moment
I have a line 6 UX1, and it's very good for recording just your guitar. Use software like REAPER as your DAW.
Check out my profile for some songs i recorded with my UX1.
Also, this thread probably belongs in the Riffs&Recording Forum.
^Everything he said is correct. It is an interface that happens to ship with Pod Farm modeling software. It will not record on its own. You will need something like Reaper or Audacity to record what comes out of the UX1.

There is a Tone Testing Thread here in GGnA that can give you some info and the Sticky's over in Recordings and Riffs are very helpful too.
yeah i own a line 6 pod studio ux2. its pretty good. comes with a few different recording softwares such as live 7 (which i prefer) as well as the pod farm modeling software. it has everything u need. u dont need to get reaper because the ux2 comes with recording software like i mentioned before
Last edited by dlguitarmaster7 at Oct 31, 2009,
so the UX1 does not come with recording software, and the UX2 does?
im not sure about the ux1. but the ux2 comes with abelton live lite 7, sonoma riffworks, and reason adapted as well as the pod farm amp thing. so u wouldnt have to buy reaper or something like that. i personally like live lite 7 cause u can do so much with it
Reaper is free, and one of the best DAW's I've ever used. I'd take it over Cubase and and Ableton any day of the week.
Will it work with oter recording stuff , such as cubase, should i wish to upgrade?
reaper is free but u need to buy a license to get it. al least that what it says on their website

http://www.cockos.com/reaper/purchase.php
I thought REAPER was only free for 30 days?
I'm using the evaluation trial atm and I like it, might buy it (only $60)

But yeah you could use REAPER man
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
Quote by s1874
Will it work with oter recording stuff , such as cubase, should i wish to upgrade?

Yeah it will work with Cubase.

..oops
double post.
my mistake

Oh, check the riffs and recordings forum.
THey have a sticky of recording programs/gear there.
have a list of free, which includes audacity etc.

and if you're getting the UX2 POD Studio it comes with this:

Includes Ableton® Live Lite Line 6 Studio Edition 16-track recording software, Reason® Adapted virtual studio and RiffWorks™ T4 recording software for instant pro recording and idea capture right out of the box
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
Last edited by signedinbloodnz at Oct 31, 2009,