A recent study has shown that teenagers of the current generation will have impaired hearing by the ages of 35-40, apparently due to the use of iPods and MP3 players, and the volume we play music at.

I did not believe this at first, and i dont really think i listen to music very loud compared to a few friends i know who listen to their iPods so loud i can hear from across the room , whilst still listening to my ipod.

Anyways

http://www.rnid.org.uk/howwehelp/hearing_check/take_online_hearing_check/

Take this test and share your results, you might be suprised.

I got "Your result suggests that your hearing is within the normal range"

Have a go.
what kind of idiot needs to do a study to figure that out?
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Within normal range.
Quote by skaterskagg1
Gotta have more shaft!

Don't sig that!

Just because you said not too!
Quote by Adam Scott
A recent study has shown that teenagers of the current generation will have impaired hearing by the ages of 35-40, apparently due to the use of iPods and MP3 players, and the volume we play music at.

I did not believe this at first, and i dont really think i listen to music very loud compared to a few friends i know who listen to their iPods so loud i can hear from across the room , whilst still listening to my ipod.

Anyways

http://www.rnid.org.uk/howwehelp/hearing_check/take_online_hearing_check/

Take this test and share your results, you might be suprised.

I got "Your result suggests that your hearing is within the normal range"

Have a go.

I got one done for a co op, and the results weren't good. I didn't have damage or anything, but my hearing is limited to a certain frequency range that is smaller than normal. She also called out I listen to loud music in my car.

So I try to keep it down when I can and I never listen to Ipods anyways.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
what did you say...sorry i cant hear you?

lol nahh i got within normal range

rocks out to loud music
normal
❒ Taken ❒ Single ✔ Would like a sandwich

Vereor Deus

Quote by dann_blood
Branding!?!? THAT'S TOO PROGRESSIVE! I say bring back settlement payments in weights of lead and impalement upon wooden stakes!

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Oh! Sorry, I thought that was a braille name tag.
I'm within normal range *shrugs*
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
Normal range.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Yep, normal range
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
legally deaf

/normal range....which is what everybody else who posts in this thread will have gotten
bah, normal range
I'm from Switzerland, english isn't my first language, i'm sorry for my spelling mistakes.
Lil' wayne sucks so bad that he's got to be in my avatar.
normal range....hmm considering how much of you guys got the same results, this ¨test¨ is a bit suspicious isn´t it?
Quote by MAMADERA2000
normal range....hmm considering how much of you guys got the same results, this ¨test¨ is a bit suspicious isn´t it?

This, considering the doctors told me ive lost about 20% of my hearing and it told me I got in the normal range
love is love // return to dust
Lol well in that case I'm going to be completely deaf at that age.
This will start a RIOT! in me
This isn't a true hearing test. I got one done because I had an ear infection and they test you with a series of beeps at different frequencies and volumes. With my infection, I lost about 50% of my hearing... Thankfully that's gone now.
this hearing test won't work if you have hearing loss in only one ear though, like I do.
Quote by JDD331
A juggalo? Pokedex that ****.....what are they? like clowns...wannabes?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
Mine is within normal range? I don't really believe it.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
below normal.

but i made typos...

it should let you press enter instead of automatically accepting the numbers.
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
I'm going to agree with those who say this test isn't so great. I only have one headphone working, and did terrible on the test, but still got normal
It said it was normal, then I discovered that the volume on my speakers was very low.

F*ck yeah, dogs ain't got shit on me
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

normal
Quote by CarpUK
Beat the recession by soldering your strings back together! What's more, the extra metal vibrating back and forth will add to your tone... and what could be more metal than more metal!?!

Quote by biga29
Plz uz reel wurdz bcoz wen u tipe lik this its hard 2 red.
Can't take it at the moment, but I had a hearing test at the doctor's the other day, and I had great hearing. Also great vision.

Edit:

Thank you for taking our hearing check. Your result suggests that your hearing is within the normal range.
Last edited by Alex Vik at Oct 31, 2009,
Below normal, but I'm deaf in one ear, I've got a cold, and the there are people watching tv in the same room.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Your hearing is within the normal range.
Yay.
Official Member of the 'Fly your australian flag high club' for the really patriotic Australians: P.M Dire straits to join
Huh?

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
According to the hearing test i did for a medical in order to sign up to the OTC, my hearing is pretty good. Or so the doctor said.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I can hear all I need to hear. I'm not taking the test. And I don't believe in doctors either. So there.
Your result suggests that your hearing is within the normal range.

I listen to music 24/7 (seriously, whenever I can listen to music, I do), but it's almost always on 0 volume on my iPod, such that there's a tiny bit of sound coming out. I also go through a pair of headphones every 2 or so months, which is bloody annoying because they're expensive
Hi all

I work for RNID, specifically on our hearing check. I wanted to respond to a couple of points.

We are trying to get everyone thinking about their hearing health and taking it seriously, as we know there are millions of people in the UK with a hearing loss who do nothing about it for many different reasons.

We have a free online hearing check as well as telephone hearing check which costs about 5p a minute. We wanted to give people the option of checking their hearing easily at home. The idea behind it is to encourage people who think they may have a problem to do something about it.

Our check isn't a test it is just a quick hearing screen. We would advise people who may be worried about their hearing or who come in below normal to see their GP and ask to be referred for a hearing test.

We are trying to catch people with the most common type of hearing loss. It does not cover all aspects of hearing. This check will not pick up problems with your outer or middle ear (conductive hearing losses). Sorry to those of you who feel they were given the wrong result.

If anyone does have any questions please feel free to e-mail us: campaigns@rnid.org.uk

Cheers

Ash