Hey guys!

I bought some 10 - 46's Roto sound. Now my problem is, the guy at the guitar shop said that i should be carefull putting them on my guitar, because the neck could break because of the thickness of the strings?

Btw, my guitar is a Dean Razorback V-255 Explosion, so its a solid body and neck, but im not sure on this one?

Any help is appreciated

:: Martin
Yeh stickies
/thread
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
He probably understood that your guitar was made from butter
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
Wow you guys are quick!

But yeah, im kinda new to setting up strings and everything, but just a quick note .. Are 10's good for drop C playing?
11's for drop c methinks, but its personall preferance. Strings wont break a neck aslong as they're eased into the appropriatae tuning =]
w = wound

.10s are fine for C tuning.

You won't break a neck, but you can break stings if you don't stretch and follow instructions and a neck can warp if left with no strings at all or left with other set up problems.
Quote by Resurrection360
Hmm, it says on the pack:

10 - 13 - 17 - 26w - 36w - 46w

I have no idea what means, fill me in ?

the numbers are the size of the strings. the "w" means wounded
unless your neck is made from toothpicks or grahm crackers, the strings wont do anything. I have 12s on my Ibanez right now, and it works fine.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
The guitar's neck won't break that easily.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
I thought so, he's just trying to rip money out of me, dirty bastard !

Anyway, got another question!
My guitar got some frett buzz after some time not changing strings (Actually i havent changed strings at all, iamashamed!) will that cure the frett buzz, because there were none before?
Or do i have to play with the intonation?
I really think you need to read up on the Guitar Set Up and Changing Strings Sticky in the Electric Guitar forum. There is info there that will help you and if you get stuck after that you can post in there for personal help. If all else fails....PM me.

Im actually currently looking those threads actually

But sure, ill add you as a friend so i can find you easily