After taking the Marshall CLass 5 back, I decided to buy a ValvePower and I will be trying it out at my gig on Monday. I'm running it through a custom 2x12 cab loaded with original Fane Crescendo's (Same speakers David Gilmour uses in his 4x12's)

Family Shot:
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
VP < Class5? D'ya think?
I might have to look into one of these they seem to be getting a lot of props from my trusted UG'ers

HNAD! How'd she do at the gig?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

pretty cool. clips? and why did you take back the class 5?
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

........that would be me
^Clips will be up in 30 minutes or so, I had to take back the Class 5 because it had a very loud rattle when I played it
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Yay. That's four of us now. HNAD .

Your guitar is better than mine.
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
sweet!

what do you think of it? How's the cab?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Very Nice HNAD! Love the simplicity of the design. How responsive are the dynamics to volume changes with your guitar knobs?

A little review would be nice when your done with your cliporz..
Also $$?
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
mine's extremely responsive to volume control changes. Heck, it's so responsive you don't even have to go near the volume control, you just have to change how hard you pick. as long as i don't have mine dimed i can go from clean to crunch just by picking strength.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
mine's extremely responsive to volume control changes. Heck, it's so responsive you don't even have to go near the volume control, you just have to change how hard you pick. as long as i don't have mine dimed i can go from clean to crunch just by picking strength.

Very nice..
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
CLIPS ARE NOW UP IN MY PROFILE, PLAYING IS crap
Quote by Kensai

Sums up whisky perfectly
sounds very nice so far (i'm only about 1 min 30 seconds in). Are you using an echo/delay/reverb or something too? its cleans sound better than the marshall class 5's on your profile, to my ears, anyway. what do you think of it yourself?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It's delay, but I'm going to have to get an Analog delay because the delay sounds absolutely awful through the ValvePower. Cleans are very nice, think Peter Green - Need you love so bad.
Quote by Kensai

Sums up whisky perfectly
Tell me how the Toy is when you get it, I've been looking at one.

Nice amp
I expected a Peavey bought by some rad-cool-kid who typed VP when trying to type PV like a real cool kid.
^^ yeah, the cleans are nice. Not fender nice, maybe, but nice for an amp mainly aimed at drive (and without a ton of headroom).

I don't think I've tried a digital delay through mine yet, i picked up a cheapo daphon analogue delay for like £17.50, and it sounds pretty good through it (though it's only really good for slapback). I'd like to try that tonerider analogue delay for longer delay times, but it doesn't seem to be out yet. the tonerider chorus is very nice, so with any luck the delay might be, too.

it does sound better with a delay with cleaner tones, though, you can kinda notice the problem with no loop when it's really cranked, things can get a bit mushy.

How do you think it compares to the marshall class 5? does it do what you want?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I only got an hour with it, but with my Rothwell, it sounds very nice, I can't wait to gig with it on Monday
Quote by Kensai

Sums up whisky perfectly
sweet, let us know how it does
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Will do, but the only thing that I'm not to keen on is when the volume is on say 6 and with my Rothwell, the high gain lead tone (Neck Pickup) doesn't sound the greatest but hopefully it's just the neck pickup that's crap.
Quote by Kensai

Sums up whisky perfectly
not sure. It is pretty warm in tone, and with the volume at 6 it's at that warm overdriven stage so that's probably not helping matters. I never really boost it to a high gain lead tone, so I dunno, and I don't really use my neck pickup all that much... I haven't tried your rothwell either (but they're meant to be very nice pedals).

That was a lot of help.

EDIT: yeah, if you're using stock epi pickups they do have a bit of a rep for getting a bit muddy at time, and on the ones I've tried i'd say that rep's somewhat justified.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^Yh the Rothwell is very nice, but I think it's just me being picky with my tone
Quote by Kensai

Sums up whisky perfectly
haha, maybe
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm diggin the LP
HNAD
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Quote by Dave_Mc
sweet, let us know how it does

Please do report back, if it's loud enough to gig with I might have to look into one
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

definately get some new pickups to help with the muddyness. a cheap set like some tonerider pickups will make a world of difference. i swapped the pickups in my epi to the tonerider alnico IV and they sound a million times better.
84s and an ez81, i think.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I played the gig on monday and it sounded really nice, Amp setting: Power 10, Volume 3, Tone 4. I played with my Rothwell Heartbreaker and it sounded great.

Quote by joe_k
definately get some new pickups to help with the muddyness. a cheap set like some tonerider pickups will make a world of difference. i swapped the pickups in my epi to the tonerider alnico IV and they sound a million times better.

I've ordered a Rock Monkey Smooth Heritage neck pickup which will hopefully be here on Monday and I might be getting a Rock Monkey Warm Heritage bridge pickup if I have the money.
Quote by Kensai

Sums up whisky perfectly
Good to hear man, glad it worked well. If only we had a company like this in the States.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
^ you have loads of guys in the states making good value stuff. i can't think of any offhand, but i know, if anything, you have more choice than we do. Plus most of the mass-produced stuff is better value than here, too.

Quote by Jak Archer
I played the gig on monday and it sounded really nice, Amp setting: Power 10, Volume 3, Tone 4. I played with my Rothwell Heartbreaker and it sounded great.

I've ordered a Rock Monkey Smooth Heritage neck pickup which will hopefully be here on Monday and I might be getting a Rock Monkey Warm Heritage bridge pickup if I have the money.

sweet. Does it open up at louder volumes? I know at the volumes I'm playing at (power about 2 ), i need the tone control to be pretty far up. Though I'm playing at higher volume settings too, which is probably warming things up- now that i think of it, when i play with a cleaner tone I don't need as much treble.

good call on the pickups, too, i've heard great things about rockmonkeys, but haven't got round to ordering a set myself yet.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

sweet. Does it open up at louder volumes? I know at the volumes I'm playing at (power about 2 ), i need the tone control to be pretty far up. Though I'm playing at higher volume settings too, which is probably warming things up- now that i think of it, when i play with a cleaner tone I don't need as much treble.

Yh, at home I play with the power at about 2 aswell, but It does open up alot at louder volumes.

The only thing at the gig which sucked though was that I lost my kettle lead, but I think I've got one around somewhere.
Quote by Kensai

Sums up whisky perfectly
ah, jeez, not another one. I like pineapples didn't even get sent a kettle lead
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I know , but I decided to get my delivered by Steve (ValvePower Manufacturer).

EDIT: but I always lose stuff at gigs, my last gig I last 2 of my guitar cables
Quote by Kensai

Sums up whisky perfectly
Last edited by Jak Archer at Nov 4, 2009,
Quote by Dave_Mc
ah, jeez, not another one. I like pineapples didn't even get sent a kettle lead
The kettle lead I got from Radioshack barely reaches from the floor, it's really short. As if you guys got power cables
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Quote by Jak Archer

I have a set of RockMonkey Hot Texans in my Strat and they're great.

Glad to hear your amp is working for you.
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ you have loads of guys in the states making good value stuff. i can't think of any offhand, but i know, if anything, you have more choice than we do. Plus most of the mass-produced stuff is better value than here, too.

Yea, I know. When I said "I wish we had something like that here in the States", what I really meant was something more along the lines of "I wish I had something like that in my room."

I blame the GAS.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by Jak Archer
I know , but I decided to get my delivered by Steve (ValvePower Manufacturer).

EDIT: but I always lose stuff at gigs, my last gig I last 2 of my guitar cables

dang. I've never actually gigged, i'd probably lose all my stuff too i remember when i played in the school band i left one of our drums at the concert venue we were taking part in a competition at. Which was about 45 miles away from my school.
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
The kettle lead I got from Radioshack barely reaches from the floor, it's really short. As if you guys got power cables

aww

Quote by LaidBack
Yea, I know. When I said "I wish we had something like that here in the States", what I really meant was something more along the lines of "I wish I had something like that in my room."

I blame the GAS.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?