How many pints of strongish beer (5%) does it take to get you drunk?

Poll: How many?
Poll Options
View poll results: How many?
8 4%
3 2%
10 5%
30 15%
37 19%
25 13%
22 11%
13 7%
11 6%
10 or more
35 18%
Voters: 194.
Page 1 of 3
Poll coming.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
12 to get completely wasted, I start to feel it around 7 though.
Last edited by So-Cal at Oct 31, 2009,
probably 6 or 7.. but it depends what you mean by drunk, whether you mean tipsy or absolutely paraletic.. love being drunk, which probably isn't a good thing.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

5% is regular beer. Strong beer is 7%.

Get your facts straight.
I start feeling it at about 6, I'm drunk by 9.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
4 to get drunk...

8 to not remember a thing, break my phone, puke my guts out, and sprain my wrist... great night.
Depends. Drinking bottles/cans usually gets me drunk after 5-6, but pub beer tends to get me pissed on as little as 3.
Evolution 101

Get down Moses - part another sea,
Carve another tablet out of L.S.D.
5-6 to get a nice drunk
but i can drink a 12 pack and get wasted
just give me a fender and let me rip
probably like 6, any after that would just get em trashed
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
Define: Drunk?

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
strong is not 5%
I'd say that 40% it start to be acceptable.

I live in quebec by the way
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
Quote by Doodleface

Get your facts straight.

Holllyy shiiit, not everyone is a drunken master.

Proof that booze turns you into a dick? (And yes I'm an alcoholic and yes that's my excuse.)
strong beer in the states is 5%... strong beer in canada is 7% or more... i live in canada

i barely drink, so after 2 i can feel it, and after 4 i'm in party mode. if i drink a six pack, i'm done for, and start feeling sick.

EDIT: but if we're talking strong CANADIAN beer, cut all those figures in half.
Last edited by frigginjerk at Oct 31, 2009,
Quote by Doodleface

Get your facts straight.
I start feeling it at about 6, I'm drunk by 9.

depends where you live.

Quote by bendystraw
Expect about 100 thirteen year olds to select "ten or more".

This.

As for me I put 7, It really depends on my mood though, I spent last winter in a resort out in B.C and because of the altitude it takes less beer to get a buzz going... thinner blood or something along those lines, it was awesome
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Takes me about 5 or 6 to have that nice buzz and "drunk" kick in, although I'm not really crazy drunk until around 8-9. This is about average, everybody like to lie about it. But watch people who say they've had "like 8 beers!" drink only 3. It's not a competition mates. Love beer!!!
If 5% is strong then what would you say about those eastern European beers like Struis that have like 8-10%
I take a long time getting drunk, but I hardly ever drink beer, so I have no idea.
I start feeling it at about 2-3, which is pretty early, I think.
(feeling it as in I have a slight buzz)

after that, it takes me until 8 or 9 before I feel any closer to drunk at all..

so I'll vote 8?
If I drink 3 I'll start to feel it about 20 minutes after, but by them I'd normally be on my 6th.

It depends on the speed and size of the beers. I said 10 or more, but I counted normal bar glasses (about 1/2 of a pint), so it's about 7 I guess. It also depends on your definiton of drunk. Do you mean tipsy or all out puke-on-the-barman-and-policemen drunk?

NB. 5% is regular to weak beer. 10%+ is strong
Not sure what exactly you mean by drunk, but I went with the definition "can't walk straight" and chose 10+.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
i once drank: 5 beer, 5 afpelkorn(liquer) 1 smirnoff 4 Shots of jack daniels. And i think i was drunk. But i didn't have an hangover... weird ehhh?
Takes me about 6 to feel tipsy/buzzed.
I've never been drunk though...
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
8-9 to reach the drunk status.
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
depends on the beer and how I'm feeling. I once drank cheapo (probably watered down) beer and downed 11 of them before getting drunk, but usually it takes about 5 or 6.

@ idiots picking 10
You need to define drunk.

For me at least;

I can notice after only 2-3 beers that I have drunk something.

7-9 beers to get "comfortable" drunk, i.e pretty influenced but functional and socially outgoing.

12+ to get completely smashed, falling asleep stupid places, rambling etc. There's really no reason to get this drunk, only gone here once.
I am a postmodern vegetarian, I eat meat ironically.
Last edited by Toolshed#9 at Oct 31, 2009,
I have a question.

If tequila has 40% alch (right?) and beer has 5%, how come you dont get completely drunk after 2-3 tequila shots?
Quote by metallifreak77
Takes me about 5 or 6 to have that nice buzz and "drunk" kick in, although I'm not really crazy drunk until around 8-9. This is about average, everybody like to lie about it. But watch people who say they've had "like 8 beers!" drink only 3. It's not a competition mates. Love beer!!!

this! a lot of people after they puked say things along those lines "did you see how much I drunk?! I drunk fookin' loads" err, no you didn't, you drank about 4 cans and stupidly took a shot of vodka!

I'm a pretty light guy at around 9 stone, so It doesn't take as many as others to get drunk, but I can still hold my own..

my favourite type of drunk is just beyond tispy - I mean when your tipsy, you're still mostly in control.. I like it when you get to the time when you're about 50% in control and 50% the booze - this is probably too far but I still love it.. It's when you struggle to talk when I know I've had too much - or passing out is usually a good sign
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by luv090909
I have a question.

If tequila has 40% alch (right?) and beer has 5%, how come you dont get completely drunk after 2-3 tequila shots?

because that's like 6 cl of alcohol at 40%

0.06 * 40 = 2,4 (3 shots of 2cl tequila)
3 * 5 = 15 (6 beers)
Quote by luv090909
I have a question.

It's the total amount of alcohol, and absorption rate (how fast you drink) that matters.

I.e if you drink like 0,5L vodka in 30 seconds, you're not going to feel it before 10 mins have passed, but then it's going to hit you like a train.

An equivalent amount of total alcohol of beer will have less impact, as you'll use over an hour to drink it because it's much more total fluid.
I am a postmodern vegetarian, I eat meat ironically.
Page 1 of 3