Hey I'm working on a song right now and I need full barre versions or other notes to make the sound of these diads fuller.

E-------------------------------------------------------
B-------------------------------------------------------
G-------------------------------------------------------
D---------1--3--0--3----------------------------------
A--1--3--3--5--1--3----------------------------------
E--3--5-------------------------------------------------

Thanks!!
Gm, Am, Cm, Dm, Bbmaj, Fmaj.

I suppose you know how to play them >_>

How to figure that out:

1. For example the first diad, you're playing a G and it's minor third (Bb). Make it sound fuller by just playing a Gm chord
2. How I got Fmaj: It's basically an inverted powerchord to me, an F powerchord. I thought it should sound major in this progression, so I made it Fmaj. Now if you play the chords I listed, it should sound the same but fuller
Last edited by KoenDercksen at Oct 31, 2009,
Quote by KoenDercksen
Gm, Am, Cm, Dm, Bbmaj, Fmaj.

I suppose you know how to play them >_>

How to figure that out:

1. For example the first diad, you're playing a G and it's minor third (Bb). Make it sound fuller by just playing a Gm chord
2. How I got Fmaj: It's basically an inverted powerchord to me, an F powerchord. I thought it should sound major in this progression, so I made it Fmaj. Now if you play the chords I listed, it should sound the same but fuller

If you make a major chord out of perfect 4ths, it won't sound the same.
There should be no perfect 4ths in a major chord... It goes 1 3 5 of the scale... so Gmaj= G B D
Quote by KoenDercksen
I know but you actually CAN make a major chord of a perfect fifth. Which this is, but inverted.

Still, by adding the major 3rd you add "flavor" to the chord instead of leaving it in it's "sterile" form of perfects 4ths or 5ths and will eventually clash with the others.
One thing you could consider is just adding and octave of the first note into the chord.

For instance, the first diad would be:

D:5
A:1
E:3

or you could instead do a diatonic seventh for a slightly jazzier sound:

G:------2
D:3----0
A:1----1
E:3-----

Gm7 (no 5th) to a Bbmaj7 (no fifth)