So i'd like to have my volume pedal set on the left side of the board, to obviously control with my left foot, but it seems I have a bit of an issue. Does the volume pedal repsond differently to dynamics if placed at the end of a signal chain instead on first?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
couldn't you just switch your whole board around and not worry about any of that? as in instead of the signal going from right to left, have your guitar plug into the left side.
Quote by sandyman323
couldn't you just switch your whole board around and not worry about any of that? as in instead of the signal going from right to left, have your guitar plug into the left side.

???

Are you saying to plug all of the effects in the opposite way? If so

The main differences in volume pedal response result from placing it after or before distortion. As long as you don't have any distortion/OD pedals, you're tone will remain pretty much the same when you use it after everything. If you do have distortion/OD pedals and you put it after them, it won't clean up the dirt from those when used and will just lower the signal going into your amp, causing less distortion there.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
well why not? some pedals are even set up that way. it's kind of like a lefty guitar... doesn't make sense for most of us, but for those lefties out there, it works. it would just take longer cables...
Quote by sandyman323
well why not? some pedals are even set up that way. it's kind of like a lefty guitar... doesn't make sense for most of us, but for those lefties out there, it works. it would just take longer cables...

Alright. Thanks for clarifying. This is well deserved.

E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Alright. Thanks for clarifying. This is well deserved.

Well played sir.

I might be using an OD or something in the future, so i'll try to configure my board around it.

I guess I could just run a longer cable from the out of the volume pedal on the left side, over to the input of my first pedal on the left, and everything would be normal from then on.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412