Hey I am in a newly formed band and we want to gig however the music scene is very lame down in southern georgia. The current rig i use is a peavey valveking head with a marshall 1960 lead cab and a jackson js30rr.

the bars we would play at do not want to hear the hard rock songs weve created or anything of that nature...

soo i dunno what rig to get for songs like Brown eyed girl, kryptonite, crazy train, alcohol, sharp dressed man, honkey tonk woman, pride and joy, brick house, takin care of buisness, bring it on home, wonderful tnight, smells like teen spirit, margaritaville etc...

all of these songs the bars are recommending we play because the crowds dont want real music.. soo gear wise i am lost.... im pretty sure my jackson and my peavey wont sound to good clean lol

HELP!!
Personally, I'd rather play music for my own enjoyment than change the gear that I've bought to develop my tone, just so that I could play music I don't want to for people I don't know.

Last edited by Led Dirigible at Oct 31, 2009,
yah but i really want to perform infront of people and get noticed, but the crowd doesnt want to hear the music ive created :/
i like most of the music you listed there... wouldn't the valveking do it? that's a pretty wide range of stuff, you'd want a versatile amp, you might not get much better than the VK unless you're willing to spend a bit more money...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Those people aren't even going to notice your tone. And the Valveking has fine cleans.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
Last edited by Pretty. Odd. at Oct 31, 2009,
how much of a budget do you have?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Pretty. Odd.
Those people aren't even going to notice your tone.

This is true. Personally, I'd be mad as hell if a bar owner told me to change my music for him. **** that.

"Your bar crowd will take my 20 minute doom epic, and they'll LIKE it, dammit!"
Last edited by Led Dirigible at Oct 31, 2009,
The VK is fine for that stuff and so is your RR. Just turn the gain down.

If you wanna improve your tone, get an EQ pedal or get it modded with a new output transformer swap, or both.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Powerstrike
Hey I am in a newly formed band and we want to gig however the music scene is very lame down in southern georgia. The current rig i use is a peavey valveking head with a marshall 1960 lead cab and a jackson js30rr.

the bars we would play at do not want to hear the hard rock songs weve created or anything of that nature...

soo i dunno what rig to get for songs like Brown eyed girl, kryptonite, crazy train, alcohol, sharp dressed man, honkey tonk woman, pride and joy, brick house, takin care of buisness, bring it on home, wonderful tnight, smells like teen spirit, margaritaville etc...

all of these songs the bars are recommending we play because the crowds dont want real music.. soo gear wise i am lost.... im pretty sure my jackson and my peavey wont sound to good clean lol

HELP!!

huh?
Quote by Powerstrike
alright.. what kind of pedals do i need? i dont have a footswitch 4 my amp :/

Get a Vox VFS-2. It's cheap and made of metal. $25.

Get an EQ too (MXR M-108) works very well with the Valveking.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Powerstrike

HELP!!
I was not aware that ZZ top, the Rolling stones, Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton did not make "real music"
Based on your OP, you sound like an elitist prick. Play whatever the **** you want but don't rag on music that alot of people (including myself) love.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
@NecroMaster,al112987 lighten up guys, he's a kid(at least that is what i was assuming). i remember when i was 18 and thought people who listened to the Talking Heads and the Velvet Underground were lame...

...man was i lame at 18 or what? he'll grow out of it as he grows as a musician.

@TS, don't change gear.
1) it'll sound good enough for who you'll be for(which leads to...
2) they won't be able to tell the difference anyway!
3) the jackson and the valveking are obviously prefer by to to a tele and an twin.
4) keep the gear you prefer for the music you prefer to make.

what i did was buy a used mexican tele that played well and used that, costs like 300 bucks or so and then you'd have a backup guitar. and don't laugh but tele's sound pretty grisly all bootalzed up(especially when using it for the 'other ear' when recording).

my 2 cents

edit: tele into reverb pedal into an amp, you could throw a overdrive pedal before the reverb pedal if you want 'switch channels' capabilities. keep the jackson and the valve king though, and if you don't feel like buying a tele(or strat, etc) just use the jackson instead.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Oct 31, 2009,
I have a feeling this is a troll. Look at his profile, born in 1999 and his gear is an Agile guitar, Microcube, and a Boss Ds-1