Right, the $7,000 price tag is absolutely ludicrous, therefore I'm interested in a project build of this guitar myself. I'm curious as to if any others have done this? From various reviews, the guitar didn't seem to go down all that well, some seemed to think it was hideous, I however think it's the most beautiful guitar I've ever seen.

One, if anyone else has created their own, and/or documented it, any links/info/pictures would be fantastic.

Also, a few questions:

http://www.premierguitar.com/Stream/StreamImage.aspx?Image_ID=5550380A-3906-4257-B857-A2384740CFE2&Image_Type=image

What is the official name of that body colour?

How do the pickups under the scratch plate work?

Would it be possible to build the guitar with humbuckers? I think it might look a bit odd, but I much prefer humbuckers myself.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
the body color looks to be butterscotch blonde.

since it is modeled after the esquire, there is only one pick up in the bridge. And of course you can build it with humbuckers. You are going to build it so you can do whatever you want to it.
2008 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Schecter C-1+
Squier '51 (blonde with black pickguard)
Fender Super Champ XD
Yeah, thats actually pertty cool, but $7000, come on, it will cost you less than $1000 to build an equal if not better guitar than that. Just get a Jag body, un routed from warmoth, and then get a tele neck from warmoth, then just route it for a tele single pickup and two humbuckers, but set the humbuckers low inside the cavity. the order a jag pickplate.
Quote by JackleCube
Right, the $7,000 price tag is absolutely ludicrous,
Not really. When a manufacture markets a low-production guitar, all the set-up and overhead costs for that run have to be divided over a small number of units. That's just biz, ya know?

Quote by JackleCube
some seemed to think it was hideous, I however think it's the most beautiful guitar I've ever seen.
I think neither. Kinda ... meh.

Quote by JackleCube
http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/2009/Feb/Fender_Custom_Shop_Telemaster_Prototype.aspx

In the write up, you will see it has two pickups hidden under the Scratch plate, hence the 5-way pickup selector.
this moves away from functionality and makes it more about looks. with the pickups under the guard, they won't be as effective. the distance from the strings is a bit much. bad trade-off, imho.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
That's what I assumed. In fact, seeing as pickups pickup vibrations, and scratch plates are fairly thick, I thought the pickups wouldn't pick up anything, unless on the proper Fender there's some special plate or pickups or something.
It's been done a few times over on OffsetGuitars, it's really just a Tele neck and hardware on a Jazzmaster body. If you want to do the body yourself then get your hands on a Tele template and splice it with this:

http://baconfish.gallantsolutions.net/Shaun/jzm_eh_version_RevC_Goodlines.pdf

If you're just wanting to buy a body, Guitarmill make them for telemasters. It'd be just as easy to put humbuckers on it as it would on a tele. And I wasn't aware that it came with hidden pickups, but I believe there used to be some custom shop esquires that did this with a set of Texas Specials - it worked quite well if I remember rightly.
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
Quote by JackleCube
That's what I assumed. In fact, seeing as pickups pickup vibrations, and scratch plates are fairly thick, I thought the pickups wouldn't pick up anything, unless on the proper Fender there's some special plate or pickups or something.

Pickups don't pickup vibrations. They pick up changes in the magnetic field in the area around them. The strings will cause changes in that magnetic field which induces a current. If very strong magnets are used then them being under the pickguard may not matter. The article does state that they are a special design.
You want something like this?

Doesn't look too ugly.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
^ looks ****in epic
who in the whorld wouldnt want one of those!?
Telecaster bass :
FINALLY PLAYABLE!
[x]body
[x]neck
[x]humbucker
[x]jazz pup
[x]split p pups
[x]hardware
[x]bridge
[x]pickguard
[ ]finish/paint
[x]wiring/electronics
Is it definitely butterscotch blonde? It looks slightly more yellow and bright than butterscotch blonde to me...