Alright so I've got my '91 Made In Mexico Stratocaster. This is it below...

I was thinking about putting a pickguard like this on it...

And I wan't to put a single humbucker in it too. What do you guys suggest for that. What kind would sound good? (I play rock bon jovi and stuff) And any other suggestions for pickguards that would look cool? Brushed metal or something?

This is exactly what I want but it's for a American Strat... With a spot for the humbucker and everything. Would it work?

My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers
'91 Stratocaster, MIM....

Line Six Flextone II 60 watt amp
Last edited by colt34 at Oct 31, 2009,
The pickguard shouldn't be hard to find at all to accommodate a humbucker in the bridge position.
The main question is whether your guitar is routed for a humbucker already. You can check that easily by lifting the current pickguard and taking a look. If there's a 'pool' routing, you're good to go, otherwise you're going to have to route it out, get someone to do it, or buy a stacked humbucker.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Quote by ezlntrooper
The pickguard shouldn't be hard to find at all to accommodate a humbucker in the bridge position.
The main question is whether your guitar is routed for a humbucker already. You can check that easily by lifting the current pickguard and taking a look. If there's a 'pool' routing, you're good to go, otherwise you're going to have to route it out, get someone to do it, or buy a stacked humbucker.

Alright, I'll do that. Is there anything else people do to mod guitars that I might want to take a look at?
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers
'91 Stratocaster, MIM....

Line Six Flextone II 60 watt amp
That pickguard will work, but the pickguard screw holes may not line up exactly with the existing screw hole, but that can happen with any pickguard. All you have to do is fill the existing holes with wood filler, or glue in toothpicks and cut/sand them flush, then drill the new holes
Impossible is Nothing