so i am thinkin about gettin my first tube amp im not really giggin so it doesnt have to be really big. But what would be the best and cheapest please let it be more then 30watt
Bryce
You're not gigging but you want an over 30 watt tube amp? If you're playing anything but modern metal I'd go for a lower wattage amp for home playing.

What genres do you play and what's your maximum budget?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
so like 15watt then mostly metal glam metal slash rhoads nickelback that stuff a porbably 350usd
Bryce
Is Slash/Rhoads stuff the heaviest you're gonna go? If so, I'd get a Vox AC4TV and a decent OD.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

probably maybe a litttle halen metallic but thats the heaviet it will be used with and esp ltd mh 100 and squier strat
Bryce
Quote by xoguitarist95ox
probably maybe a litttle halen metallic but thats the heaviet it will be used with and esp ltd mh 100 and squier strat

I can't recommend anything under $350 for Metallica. I'll let others come in and help you with that but I retract my AC4 suggestion.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by xoguitarist95ox
ok ill reword this please let it be between 15 and 30 watts probably less then 30

Why are you so focused on getting a tube amp that loud if you don't plan on gigging? The whole purpose behind getting a tube amp is to get those cranked overdriven tones. Even at 15 watts that is going to be way too loud for most bedroom playing. I went through this same thing but eventually settled on the Vox AC4 after trying out several low wattage tube amps.
My Gear

Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Ibanez PF Acoustic Electric

Vox AC4TV8
Crate FXT 65

Various pedals