so i got my peavey vypyr being unused recently and i really liked the sound of some of the effects and amp models in it. so heres my idea. i want to take out the speaker and re-enclose it so that its just the knobs with the input jack and an added output jack drilled and installed on the top. could this become a pre-amp sort of thing that i could run through an amp head?
Guitars
Schecter C-1 Elite (Seymour Duncan JB/59 set)
Ibanez PF15ECE
Custom EVH strat (Dimarzio Super Distortion)
Amps
Peavey Vypyr 15
Acoustic 220 Head
B-52 Cab
Pedals
Boss SD-1
Boss DS-1
Boss CE-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Wolfgangvanroth
so i got my peavey vypyr being unused recently and i really liked the sound of some of the effects and amp models in it. so heres my idea. i want to take out the speaker and re-enclose it so that its just the knobs with the input jack and an added output jack drilled and installed on the top. could this become a pre-amp sort of thing that i could run through an amp head?

No. Just removing the speaker doesn't make it a Pre-amp.
Quote by Matt420740
No. Just removing the speaker doesn't make it a Pre-amp.

is there any way i can run it through my head, like as an effects pedal?
Guitars
Ibanez PF15ECE
Amps
Peavey Vypyr 15
Acoustic 220 Head
B-52 Cab
Pedals
Boss SD-1
Boss DS-1
Boss CE-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Wolfgangvanroth
is there any way i can run it through my head, like as an effects pedal?

If you remove the speaker, and build a new enclosure around the chassis, then you will basically have a "head".

I took apart a V18 combo amp, and put the chassis in its own head enclosure, and used that to power a 4x12 cab.
Quote by Matt420740
If you remove the speaker, and build a new enclosure around the chassis, then you will basically have a "head".

I took apart a V18 combo amp, and put the chassis in its own head enclosure, and used that to power a 4x12 cab.

will 15 watts power a 4x12? also the head has a graphic eq that i like
Guitars
Ibanez PF15ECE
Amps
Peavey Vypyr 15
Acoustic 220 Head
B-52 Cab
Pedals
Boss SD-1
Boss DS-1
Boss CE-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah