Hey, I'm looking to get a delay pedal, I don't care much for really long delays, and the main thing I want is self oscillation and a nice organic tone, to handle distortion well and get some nice ambient sounds, so I guess analog is what I want. The delay tones I like are Radiohead, they're pretty much the main ones, and also I quite like the Silversun Pickups delay and MBV's reverb (spaced out tone). The main pedal I've been looking at is the Boss RE-20, is this any good? And are there any cheaper, decent alternatives, also I'm happy to go used, but not too keen on breaking the £100 mark.

Thanks.
Last edited by greenwoodfan93 at Oct 31, 2009,
Don't take this as gospel, but I just snagged a Delta Labs delay for $40 - after all these years running only ODs I never had a delay, so I thought I'd get one to play with.. It won't go super long on the delay, but is geared more towards slapback and such. Built solid and sounds good for the price. May be worth checking out if you're looking to try out delays.

Edit: Oh, and it's got stereo outputs, so it'll also double as a splitter box.
Last edited by Poster_Nutbag at Oct 31, 2009,
I'm a huge fan of my MXR Carbon Copy, its a real versatile delay and since its analog it sounds very natural.
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Silvertone 1448L
TC Electronic Polytune
Fender Blues Jr.
More in profile...
Quote by nightraven
i'm not sure MBV uses delay

the re-20 is good but if all you want is short organic delay you're going to have to go for the malekko 616

+1

The RE-20 is a solid delay but a real analog delay sounds like what you want. I think it's a bit overpriced new as well.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by nightraven
i'm not sure MBV uses delay

the re-20 is good but if all you want is short organic delay you're going to have to go for the malekko 616

Haha, damnit! Meant to say reverb, keep getting them mixed up, I have done my avatar a disservice.

Though to my understanding the RE-20 can do reverb and delay, can't it? Hows the Malekko for self oscillation? Also I think I've searched for that, but no where seems to sell it , maybe its not sold in the UK.

Thanks.
Last edited by greenwoodfan93 at Oct 31, 2009,
Quote by nightraven
the 616 has some of the best oscillation out there. the PGS demo does a lot of it. vintageandrare stock malekko pedals but since the 616 is quite new they may not have them yet.

Ah right, thanks, I'll keep an eye out for it.