so i've decided if i can't get the amp i want.. a randall rg75g3plus... then i will probally go to peavey unless i can find an insanly cheap engl of some sort...

so few questions about these peavey's....

EDIT: Neither of these amps will be for gigging.. just bedroom playing and maybe jamming with some drums & guitar & bass

peavey 6505 112 combo...

-This amp on musiciansfriend says you need to pre-order.. so i take it, it hasn't been released... do you when it will be??
i will be playing the br00talz like slipknot/rammstein.. then less br00talz like green day/ simple plan.. then some clean stuff of my own composistion.
- is this amp worth the money??

if i can't get the 6505..i will get the valve king

a few questions about this..

-People say it can be muddy.. i will be playing all tunings from standard to drop A.. will this be too muddy?
- does this amp have good cleans.
-i hear both amps.. the 6505 and valveking have crappy speakers.. will i need to change em right away or will they do good for a while??

i am not looking at any other amp.. i just wanna know questions about these two amps.. if there is any other info i need to know feel free to tell it to me..

thanks,

MetalGuitarest
Last edited by MetalGuitarest at Oct 31, 2009,
id go with the 6505 since the valvekings ive tried sounded like crap (they were stock)
thats the most productive thing i can add :/
besides 6505s are supposed to be very nice for br00talz although the slipknot comment made me rage a little, it should be able to handle punk too and idk bout cleans
I would go towards the 6505. Just because the valveking needs to be pushed with an OD to get the heavier sounds(wich you could certainly do if you wanted). But the cleans on the 6505 arent that great. Im not sure what speakers are in each, but im sure the stock ones arent that great. But probably not terrible.
--------------------------------
GEAR
Guitars----
Aria:Ariana
Ibanez:RG7321
Peavey:Raptor Sig. series
Peavey:EXP Sig. series
ESP LTD: V-500
Amplifiers----
Orange 2X12 cab
Peavey: JSX
Peavey: XXL
The VK will have better cleans than the 6505 but the 6505 will have much better distortion than the VK unless you mod it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
so bassicly..... the VK has good cleans... but is muddy and doesn't have as good distortion unless you OD it... then the 6505 has distortion that is good enough you don't need a OD pedal but the cleans aren't as bright
Well, you have two options (obviously)

1. Get a Valveking (make sure to get 112) and mod it:

Valveking- $420
New Speaker- Generally around $100
Bad Monkey Overdrive Pedal- $50
Danelectro Fish N' Chips- $30

This is obviously the chepeast way, but the total cost would come to about $600-$700 (depending on how much you spend on the speaker). Another cost to take into consideration is the change of tubes, as the Valveking's tube's really suck IMO.

2. Get the 6505 and change tubes/speaker

The 6505 will just need a new speaker and possibly a change of tubes, so the total cost would be around $800.

You will most likely have to do this if you want the best tone achievable with your gear, however I have skipped some Valveking mods and some people do like to have Overdrives/EQ Pedals with their 6505.
Quote by MetalGuitarest
what mods to the valveking.. are they like mandetory.. well not mandetory.. but like this amp will be shit without em?
The speaker change, new tubes, and an EQ Pedal are mandatory IMO. An overdrive I'd also go with, but it depends on how metal you are going. If you're playing any kind of modern metal however, I'd strongly encourage an overdrive pedal.

The Valveking stock isn't a really good amp to be honest, however when modded it's a fantastic tube amp IMO. I'd say all the mods I listed are mandatory, though it all depends on what you want to do.

EDIT: Inform yourself:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=969296
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Oct 31, 2009,
do you know when the 6505 will be released... because muciansfriend still say pre-order... and do you know anywhere i could get it cheaper... like anyone that has it used.. i tried ebay and nothing... craigslist is SH** in canada... and kijiji.ca has nothing
Quote by MetalGuitarest
do you know when the 6505 will be released... because muciansfriend still say pre-order... and do you know anywhere i could get it cheaper... like anyone that has it used.. i tried ebay and nothing... craigslist is SH** in canada... and kijiji.ca has nothing
The 6505 is supposed to be released at the end of this month (October) so it's coming really soon.

Just troll Ebay and you'll find one for a good price eventually.

EDIT: And try UsedEverywhere.com
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Oct 31, 2009,
Don't hold your breath for the 6505+ 112. The release date has been pushed back several times (it was originally supposed to be out spring of '09), with the latest date being October 30. However I don't know of any place that has it yet, and some are saying November 12 now.

So who knows.
**** me. I put in an order on the 30th for the 6505 1x12. Let's see what happens... If it actually does ship anytime soon I'll be sure to put up a mini-review.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
I wouldn't buy one of those amps both of them sound like ass to me with their gain circuts. If you are going to buy a tube combo I would look at a B-52 AT-112 if they still sell them. It sounds better than both of those amps. Or if you can find a triple xxx combo. The cleans are superior on the B-52 period and the gain is better more clarity and definition. The triple xxx is a 3 channel combo that is suprisingly versatile to say the least been using the head version for years and have gigged without a backup extensively never let me down yet. But if you are a bedroom guitar player I would consider a peavey vypyr the SS version
Valveking cleans are okay, the OD is not bad. It does get a bit muddy at higher volumes.
I haven't played the Six505 (Sorry; Six key is broken ) so I won't say anything about it, but it's probably going to be better than the Valveking.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by shredrick
But if you are a bedroom guitar player I would consider a peavey vypyr the SS version

i don't want built in effects.. i would prefer to be able to run pedals into it
Quote by MetalGuitarest
will the b-52 AT 112 play the brootalz?

Yes the B-52 will do brootalz.

I'd still suggest the 6505 combo, just be patient and wait.
^yes MetalGuitarist

(also could use an OD and speaker swap tho.)

Quote by LezPaulEpiphone
Valveking cleans are okay, the OD is not bad. It does get a bit muddy at higher volumes.
I haven't played the Six505 (Sorry; Six key is broken ) so I won't say anything about it, but it's probably going to be better than the Valveking.

I ROFL'd on that one
The 6505 is your best bet, I wish I had the money to get one when it comes out. But the speaker may be crap, idk. The valveking is a great all around amp for the price, but its dirty channel will not really be able to do what you want it to. I never use my dirty channel on my valveking, I usually run a high gain distortion pedal through the clean channel, and it sounds great to me.