I'm thinking of upgrading my amp and one of my many candidates is the Raven RG Series. Now my odds-and-ends style is sort of in between blues, classic rock, heavy metal, and funk. I can't find a decent demo of the RG100 or 200 online, could someone more enlightened help me?
Quote by CoreysMonster
you know why rabbits are smarter than cows?

fucking cows start moo-ing around for no reason, but rabbits keep their mouth shut until they actually have something to say.

god I hate cows.
It's an American thing but i have only heard terrible things about it. By word of mouth alone i would advise you not to touch it.

Whats you budget?
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Gigantic piece of crap. What's your budget and can you give specific examples of what you consider those genres to be? Also, do you gig and are you willing to go used?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
i'd probably want something new but used would be alright, I need something for ligh gigging that can handle pedals well, but the budget is the rough part, $400 max, i'm really limited
Quote by CoreysMonster

fucking cows start moo-ing around for no reason, but rabbits keep their mouth shut until they actually have something to say.

god I hate cows.
not mind-bending crunch, or any really, but it would be nice to have at least average gain
Quote by CoreysMonster

god I hate cows.
Quote by Wondergaurd
not mind-bending crunch, or any really, but it would be nice to have at least average gain

Can you give a specific example?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
DUDE
NOOOOO

Those are horrible amps, seriously, giagantic pieces of crap, they actually made spiders sound good

Try a spider vaulve head (i know irony) they can give a pretty solid distortion (it's a tube head)

Or why not a Vyper tube?
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
its a pile of p00py
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
truth be told I wouldn't mind a Vypyr but i'm a little skeptic about modelling amps, call me old fashion if you will
Quote by CoreysMonster

god I hate cows.
Used Flextone, Vetta

Used 5150/6505

Used Peavey VTM

Used Laney AOR
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I was also considering this stack, the price and what I've heard about it lead me to believe it' worth the money. it may be a little more crunchy than I'm used to but my current amp is pretty lacking in gain.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackheart-BH5H-and-BH112-Half-Stack?sku=483078
Quote by CoreysMonster

god I hate cows.
i have a raven 60, so a smaller model, but i like it. the gain isn't great, but it's usable and anyway, that's what pedals are for. the cleans are good, and you can get they're a good deal in my opinion.
My buddy has a Raven. The Raven 60 if I'm not mistaken.

I have to say it really doesn't get a terribly good tone. I suppose if you had some pedals it'd be alright so if you have pedals to compensate I guess you could but you probably should look elsewhere.
(Gear in profile)

Yes I do like metal, no I'm not a close minded idiot.
Bad amp, you can get much better.

The blackheart mini stack is very nice for classic rock type tones.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ