How are they? Somebody wants to trade one for my Cort Viva 7, despite being relatively unheard of, it's actually a great guitar.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
i've played a C7, didn't really like it, thick neck, upper fret access is poor past the 21st, felt plasticky and cheap to me, pickups aren't very good, but you can always swap those

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by ReinventingEvil
How are they? Somebody wants to trade one for my Cort Viva 7, despite being relatively unheard of, it's actually a great guitar.
I have 2 of the old school and 1 of the newer C-7s and the SD PUs they came with (not the Duncan Designed ones) are pretty beefy. As mentioned, upper fret access, for some, is not as friendly as say the thinner, old school Ibanez RG7620 or the S7320; however, it should be a non-issue if you don't go that high. You need to audition them, in case you're sensitive to neck profiles. Some find the painted necks bothersome or cheap-feeling, it's all preference.

These models are nice Bang for the $$$ 7s. If he has a C-7+ (set neck + LFR and SD PUs also), the LFR is nothing to write home about, compared to the Ibanez LoPro or the ZR; however, the one on mine has been pretty sturdy/reliable. The Cort 6 stringers I've played have also been pretty nice, so it looks like you'll have a good trade, both being MIK.