Ok i have a problem and i think it's my amp.

Theres a problem where when i plug it in an theres no guitar sound, only heavy feedback. It increases when i increase the volume or gain so i'm thinking it's a preamp tube or a power amp tube (maybe both). It's just irritating because i just got my Tech 21 SansAmp GT2 and now i can't use it.

I'm pretty sure it's the amp. At first i thought it was my leads but $110 in leads and strings later and the problem persists. I then assumed it was the input jack in my guitar that was screwed but i then realized that if it was that then there wouldn't be any signal coming through, much less feedback.

Can anyone back me up here?

And while i'm at it, if it really is my tubes, what would be good replacements?
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Just buy a new set of tubes. It shouldn't cost you more than $30-$40 depending on what brands you go with. And if that doesn't solve it, atleast you have a spare set lying around.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Well, if the volume and gain affect the amount of noise, then it probably is a preamp tube that's screwed, and not power tubes. btw, does it still does the feedback when there's nothing plugged in the input?
^ not sure I'll try.

The thing that I need to be sure because I don't have enough money to be wrong. I spent all my cash on vinyl records, said pedal and a sorely needed guitar stand.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
ok so the amp is silent without a lead plugged in. Does that mean anything?
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
Quote by TOMMYB22
ok so the amp is silent without a lead plugged in. Does that mean anything?

Yes, that means that your amp is fine and that the problem is most likely in your guitar, probably a loose solder somewhere.
Quote by Sguit
Yes, that means that your amp is fine and that the problem is most likely in your guitar, probably a loose solder somewhere.

Ok thanks.

enjoy
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie