Hey i have an Epiphone Thunderbird VI and its neck heavy... does anybody have any solutions that i can try to sort this out? I don't wanna spend alot of money just for a bass that would stay upright in a gig. Thanks
Neck dive is unavoidable with a Thunderbird. The thin mahogany body, mahogany neck and that oversized headstock all contribute to a drooping neck. If you love the Thunderbird - and many do - you just have to learn to live with it.
I heard about someone remaking the Thunderbird, and fixing post of the problems, but that might have been a custom.
move the strap screw under the neck other than the usual bass and guitar spot. FIxed my 4 string T bird. Yours might still be a little diving since your neck will be heavier
Last edited by Box 0 Wine at Nov 1, 2009,
Tape some weight on the body?
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
move the strap peg lower down it alleviates the problem a lot.I done it it worked wonders.

And im sure its an Alder body on the Epi's :P
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
I second moving the strap button to one of the neck bolts... I've seen and played T-Birds with that and they balanced reasonably well.

Also, when i saw this thread, I thought it was about a 6-string Thunderbird. I almost shat myself.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
I've done the moving the strap button thing, worked pretty well.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
Also, I think you mean IV, not VI
Quote by CoreysMonster
you know why rabbits are smarter than cows?

fucking cows start moo-ing around for no reason, but rabbits keep their mouth shut until they actually have something to say.

god I hate cows.
I moved the strap and it works pretty well but im going to get a strap lock and a thicker strap aswell because that should help and yeah i probably do mean IV lol thanks
Nobody ever mentions this, but a leather strap, especially a wide one, helps a lot. If you're willing to shell out $50, Levi's makes a 4" leather strap that is the absolute nicest strap I've ever used.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.