So, this is my first tube amp. I have a 100 watt Fender Twin. Everytime I turn on the reverb, I can here it rattle really ****ing loud, at first I thought it was just the spring tank...but I need to sell it and Id like to fix it before I do. What do you think is wrong with the reverb tank, and how much will it cost to fix? Or can I fix it?

All help appreciated

(Also, while Im posting) My guitar has a giant dent in the 14th fret, will I need to refret the whole guitar? or Can I pay to refret the one damaged fret?
Quote by MrGuitarGuy01
So, this is my first tube amp. I have a 100 watt Fender Twin. Everytime I turn on the reverb, I can here it rattle really ****ing loud, at first I thought it was just the spring tank...but I need to sell it and Id like to fix it before I do. What do you think is wrong with the reverb tank, and how much will it cost to fix? Or can I fix it?

All help appreciated

(Also, while Im posting) My guitar has a giant dent in the 14th fret, will I need to refret the whole guitar? or Can I pay to refret the one damaged fret?

It could be just the spring tank. You may not have to replace it, possibly something came loose in the tank and you have a spring flappin' around. I've never had it happen to me but it sounds like one potential likely culprit. Open it up, there isn't much to a tank. Are you at all mechanically inclined?

As for the fret, you could have one replaced. If the rest aren't worn then sure, just get the one replaced.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.