12 29%
buy original 360
1 2%
buy 360 elite
14 34%
buy ps3
14 34%
Voters: 41.
So i got the RROD (hardware fail), despite having my (white) 360 repaired just over 1 year ago and charged for it too. I really dont have much money now, but ill expect they wont do it for free.

I dont have any faith in xbox now to get it repaired properly but i have 20 games and i love playing vid games.

Should i

1 Get it repaired by xbox
2 Buy an original (noisy) non hdmi 360
3 Buy 360 elite
3 Buy a PS3 (bearing in mind that console also has yellow light faults)
Last edited by Sir-Shredalot at Oct 31, 2009,
inb4 ps3.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Get it repaired, only free option.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
ps3 is boring to me. i;ve had mine for almost a yr and dont think its anything special. i like xbox more. maybe because most of my friends play xbox. xbox elite ftw!
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Get it repaired, only free option.

they charged me last time (because it was a hardware failure)

EDIT: Not to sound pretentious, it's just that you should keep your options open past consoles.
Last edited by bendystraw at Oct 31, 2009,
I dunno. I would usually say buy a ps3, which is what I did when my xbox broke, but my ps3 broke the other day too...
Quote by Sir-Shredalot

They won't charge you for RROD.
My first 360 was replaced, no charge, just had to drop it off at ups.
Quote by Sir-Shredalot

Yes, the xbox 360 is a hardware failure.

jk. but video game consoles should be tough as nails.

Atari 2600 FTW!
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by bendystraw

I have a quadcore pc w 9800sli graphics card but i only like online play and a lot of the pc games online play sucks.
Quote by StringAssassin
They won't charge you for RROD.
My first 360 was replaced, no charge, just had to drop it off at ups.

but its only 3 red lights...
Quote by Sir-Shredalot

They've been fixing all my friend's for free. Do what I'm gonna do then: wait until Black Friday and get a 360 Elite.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I just discovered this, and it fixed my red rings of death and it's held up ever since I did it a few weeks ago. What you do is get three towels and then you wrap them around the 360. But this is what you do different from the regular towel trick. Turn the towel wrapped xbox upside down and then let it run for 15 minutes, after that is done take the xbox out of the towels and throw the console in the fridge and let it cool down and then leave it in there for 1 to 2 minutes after it has fully cooled. then disconnect the harddrive if you didn't already, which you should have. and then it should work fine.
Freedom isn't free...

It costs like ten dollars a gram
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
but its only 3 red lights...

That is what the RROD is....you should get a free repari.
PRS SAS or Gibson LP Standard+
Teese WOF->Analogman Sunlion->Dr. Scientist Elements->Foxrox Aquavibe->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space
Mesa RoadKing II and 2 Vox AC15s run in stereo
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
I have a quadcore pc w 9800sli graphics card but i only like online play and a lot of the pc games online play sucks.

WHAT?!

I don't know what PC game you tried online, but it must have really sucked. Consoles have nothing on the freedom of playing PC games online.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by Holy.
WHAT?!

I don't know what PC game you tried online, but it must have really sucked. Consoles have nothing on the freedom of playing PC games online.

True dat. No dedicated servers, mods, or and of the cool shit PC gamers get are present on consoles.
The PS3. It would be stupid not to. The PS3 only has about a 0.5% failure rate while the 360 has 30-50% failure rates. These are supported by surveys and not just fake statistics. Plus the PS3 is now a better deal price wise and has a lot of good exclusives coming out while the 360 has pretty much none. Also, online is free with the PS3. It's a no-brainer decision here.

EDIT: The PS3 also has a better game library.
EDIT2: And Blu-Ray for all us cool kids with nice, big TVs.
Last edited by GuitarGod_92 at Oct 31, 2009,
Quote by LEPIV
That is what the RROD is....you should get a free repari.

I thought it only applied for full lights/overheating?

Also i think im about over my 3 years as i got it in late 2006

...also the games i tried online bf2142 and crysis..i couldnt get any games happening.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
The PS3. It would be stupid not to. The PS3 only has about a 0.5% failure, rate while the 360 has 30-50% failure rates. These are supported by surveys and not just fake statistics. Plus the PS3 is now a better deal price wise and has a lot of good excluisves coming out while the 360 has pretty much none. Also, online is free with the PS3. It's a no-brainer decision here.

fail statistics are fail.

Anyways, I strongly recommend sticking with a PC.
LARGE TEXT
Where's the stop plying video game and sell all you games and shit?
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by Fenderhippie69
Where's the stop plying video game and sell all you games and shit?

what so i should come on guitar forums and post thousands of pointless things like you?
Quote by Holy.
fail statistics are fail.

Anyways, I strongly recommend sticking with a PC.

Keep in mind I just Google'd that real quick

But just from my observations I have to say that the 360s fail a looooooooot more than PS3s.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Keep in mind I just Google'd that real quick

But just from my observations I have to say that the 360s fail a looooooooot more than PS3s.

Clicking the first link in Google from an article posted in 2007 doesn't do you much justice.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by Holy.
Clicking the first link in Google from an article posted in 2007 doesn't do you much justice.

I didn't click on any links. I scrolled down the results page looking at all the links and they all said the exact same thing pretty much. Plus I don't think I've met a 360 owner whose 360 hasn't broken.
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
So i got the RROD (hardware fail), despite having my (white) 360 repaired just over 1 year ago and charged for it too. I really dont have much money now, but ill expect they wont do it for free.

I dont have any faith in xbox now to get it repaired properly but i have 20 games and i love playing vid games.

Should i

1 Get it repaired by xbox
2 Buy an original (noisy) non hdmi 360
3 Buy 360 elite
3 Buy a PS3 (bearing in mind that console also has yellow light faults)

Are you somehow suggesting that the white console is superior to the other colors?

also, get a PC.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by Julz127
Are you somehow suggesting that the white console is superior to the other colors?

also, get a PC.

inferior
PC is the way to go.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
thank christ..they are going to pay for the repair since its within the 3 year warranty. eitherway im playing crysis again so its all good!
Quote by Sir-Shredalot

Have you not heard of counter strike
Quote by BladeSlinger
If I was 21 I'd buy you a crystal decanter full of 100 year old brandy to commend you.
What's the 360 failrate at now btw? I've heard it's more than all the other current gen consoles put together...3 years down the line.
Save your money?

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
sell the xbox games and get the ps3

i find it a lot better. theres a 360 in out flat and well i only use it for cod4 cos i cba buying it on ps3. lol
Quote by rabidguitarist
Nothing gay about playing with another mans dick. I bet all of you play with your own.

he just owned everybody

Gary(L)Kirsty-Lea<3

RIP Ronnie James Dio. You will be deeply missed. You truely are a hero and a pioneer in metal