Page 1 of 3
Les Paul Custom
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
My friends Epiphone Les Paul. I play a Jackson RR, which is a very light guitar. I'd only played the Les Paul for a couple minutes and my shoulder was already getting sore.
Quote by U-neek
Now that is an epic win right there!!!!

I made an epic win
Jackson RR24M
PSN: Livewire410
The heaviest guitar I've played was a Gibson Les Paul Custom............that felt really heavy compared to my Charvel San Dimas, which I usually play.
in Electric Guitars, id have to say The Les Pauls,alot of people say theyre heavy.
In Acoustic Guitars,id say most are kind of heavy.
Acoustic/Electric,Its kinda like 50/50
While I never had the opportunity to play it - in fact, I only saw a photograph of it - in 1979 Ibanez made a limited edition of their flagship Artist model made of solid brass. The body, the neck and the headstock were made of brass; as was the hardware. The only wood on the guitar was the fingerboard. It weighed sixty-seven pounds. Imagine slinging that thing around your neck for a three-hour show!

The heaviest guitar I ever did play was an Alembic back in 1978. God only knows what kinds of exotic woods it was made of, but it weighed a freaking ton.
The gibson Les Paul.
sounds good, feels good,
but heavier than my mother.

thats heavy.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Quote by entity0009
Animal Cracker

I'm pretty sure it's a type of noodle.
I've noticed that Les Paul's are pretty heavy. I don't know what's in them that makes them heavy, but I guess out of all the guitars I've played, they seem to be the ones with the most weight.
my A-7 schecter is heavy and its really wired when i try to write on my razorback DB (air) then it (stone) it throws you off, which is why i play it higher up it balances it out
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!

I couldn't afford it, but I did try it. Les Pauls are freaking heavy.

-----------------------------------------------

Blog (mostly in spanish...)

Current favorite bands:

6. Cave In
5. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
4. Sparta
3. Biffy Clyro
2. Muse
1. Coheed and Cambria
Last edited by Antoine-Øleg at Oct 31, 2009,
Quote by FatalGear41
While I never had the opportunity to play it - in fact, I only saw a photograph of it - in 1979 Ibanez made a limited edition of their flagship Artist model made of solid brass. The body, the neck and the headstock were made of brass; as was the hardware. The only wood on the guitar was the fingerboard. It weighed sixty-seven pounds. Imagine slinging that thing around your neck for a three-hour show!

Holy crap! Good luck playing that behind your head.

On topic though it would probably be my friend's B.C. rich warlock.
My Dean DBDT is incredibly heavy. It makes everything else feel really light.

In fact, I love how light Les Paul's are. Strat's and Tele's are like clouds hanging from my shoulder.
I've tried a few different guitars in my life and i'd say most B.C Rich's are very heavy.
Of all my guitars, i find my BC Rich KKV the most heavy.
Jackson JS30RR Randy Rhoads

First time I picked that thing up I thought someone was hiding gold in it or something.

Also, the gold would justify the high price (GC had it priced at 600 dollars, when on MF its 280-310)
My Jackson DKMG is really heavy for the EMG's
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight
My epiphone LP weighs 11 pounds, I think.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Livewire8195
My friends Epiphone Les Paul. I play a Jackson RR, which is a very light guitar. I'd only played the Les Paul for a couple minutes and my shoulder was already getting sore.

Haha... +1.

I've got a crimson swirl RR1. Great guitar, but there's just not much actual wood to it. I love it, it's light as hell, but I like having a bit of weight to my guitars. My friend Jack came over with his Epi LP Custom, oh man. Thanks to my Jackson being in disrepair (blamed on tools AND strings being stolen -.- the downside of too many musician friends(if you call those friends)), I've been playing his LP non stop. I sit down and play it now, it's more comfortable and the fact is that sunuvabitch is heavy.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Prolly my Squier, weighs about 10 lbs, its a freaken solid chunck of alder.

Alder is a light wood compared to Mahogany or Maple. Strats are generally pretty light.
I have a friend who's LP custom weighs......14 pounds
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
LP custom
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
Its a toss-up between an old National O-style, (Solid steel construction, mahogany neck, et cetera) and this Explorer a friend of mine has. It weighs like twice what mine does.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by patbuck2
I've noticed that Les Paul's are pretty heavy. I don't know what's in them that makes them heavy, but I guess out of all the guitars I've played, they seem to be the ones with the most weight.

You don't need a guitar...just an amp with a hellava lot of gain

EDIT: Wait, are we talking physical heavy, or sound heavy??
Last edited by 1nSingularity at Nov 1, 2009,
Physically Heavy = Probably my Jaguar
Sonically Heavy = The Jag-Stang - EMG Pickups + Short Scale = LOTS of low end chunk
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
Played a Gibson Les Paul historic something or other a couple months ago. Weighed in at 16 pounds :P
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
Les Pauls, I play an SG which is very lightweight.
Gear
Gibson SG Standard with Bare Knuckle Riff Raff and Stormy Monday
Fender Eric Clapton Signature Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Fulltone OCD
EHX Holy Grail Nano
BYOC Tone Bender Clone
Korg Pitchblack
Fender Bassman '59 Reissue
Schecter Ultra Classic

14 pounds.

Sounded sweet as anything though, such warm tone.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
I've got a hard ash Telecaster that weighs in at a shade under 13lbs, which is the heaviest that I regularly play. For reference, my Gibson is around 9lbs. This is why I don't understand why people think Les Pauls are heavy.

Though I did recently try a Gibson Les Paul Raw Power (entirely rock maple LP) and that weighed more than anything I've ever tried before. I don't know exactly what it's weight was but it was noticbaly more than my Tele or any bass I've ever played - I would take a guess at it's weight being around 16lbs or so.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
am i then the only one who plays a Les Paul and doesN'T think that it's heavy?

in that case i might just be related to rocky balbao woohooo!!=D
Quote by Sir Anonymous
'73 Les Paul Custom.

I'm used to my PGM that weighs less than nothing.

finally someone lists a les paul that's actually heavy.

it's really only the '70s les pauls that are true to the "les pauls are way too heavy" thing everyone goes on about.

Quote by wolvenrick
am i then the only one who plays a Les Paul and doesN'T think that it's heavy?

well, les pauls aren't as heavy as people say, only the '70s les pauls. even then i would imagine if you're used to a '70s les paul you wouldn't really think it's heavy because you'd just be used to it.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Last edited by Blompcube at Nov 1, 2009,
Gibson Les Paul. I played one at guitar center. I do own an epiphone Les Paul junior though, and that thing is pretty heavy also.
Page 1 of 3